By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: Beyond Good and Evil 2 delayed until team finishes Rabbids go home

If it is true, it's because all of the Rabbids games are not only successful sellers, but due to lower development costs have given Ubi a lot of profits.

BG&E, one of my all time favorite games, has not sold nearly as many games and are not familiar to as many people as the rabbids. Add in the much higher development costs for HD games, it is not surprising at all that Ubisoft would focus on Rabbids first.

Sales data is incomplete (nonexistent) here for BG&E on GC, PS2, XBox, & PC. I don't remember it being remotely successful in the sales department, just critically acclaimed. Does anyone have ballpark numbers on the first one?

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

What Okey and Benga said. :P

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

:(

radioioRobert said:
If it is true, it's because all of the Rabbids games are not only successful sellers, but due to lower development costs have given Ubi a lot of profits.

BG&E, one of my all time favorite games, has not sold nearly as many games and are not familiar to as many people as the rabbids. Add in the much higher development costs for HD games, it is not surprising at all that Ubisoft would focus on Rabbids first.

Sales data is incomplete (nonexistent) here for BG&E on GC, PS2, XBox, & PC. I don't remember it being remotely successful in the sales department, just critically acclaimed. Does anyone have ballpark numbers on the first one?

If I remember correctly, the game sold a little over 200K in the US.  Not sure if that means for just one of the systems or all together though.