By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Interesting graph about the acceptance of evolution

akuma587 said:
I partially disagree, Kasz. While I have seen some atheists be bigots about evolution and religion being inconsistent, I have seen the reverse be true far more often. I have seen many, many Christians suggest that if you believe in evolution at all that you are some kind of atheist swine.

The hostility comes from both sides. And many Christian groups have sought outright suppression of teaching evolution (see John Scopes Monkey trials, many recent movements to undercut Darwinian evolution with ID, a broader social movement against evolution, etc.). But atheists certainly aren't blameless either, although they have certainly not en masse organized some kind of suppression of religions that do not accept evolution.

Hey I included Mormons and Evangelists.

There are a lot more literalists in the US as far as religion goes then europe but these numbers still seem too low.

Partly because I was pretty sure the US had some of the best biology schools out there college wise.  Then again our college system in general is outstanding.

Confusing really, how our colleges could be top marks yet the rest of the schools so poor.

Around the Network
Neptune said:
wow Iceland fucking loves evolution. Maybe one day it'll evolve into a more important nation.

Okay, sorry to any Icelanders, had to say it.

Not good enough of an apology. You should call them both up, and apologize over the phone.

wait wait are people reading this wrong?