By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3>Xbox 360>Wii in "Active User Percentage"

doh how can 360 users use their 360 when they are RRODed lol

Around the Network
rohail88 said:

Nielsen's State of the Video Gamer study, released Tuesday, indicates that Wii owners use their console less than Xbox 360 and PS3 owners. The research firm said Wii owners used their consoles 6.8 percent of the total amount of time that they could have used the system during Nielsen's measurement period during December 2008.

This compares to Xbox 360's "Active User Percentage" of 10.2 percent and PS3's 10.6 percent, which both led the way amongst current and last-gen consoles. In average usage days, Wii trailed all other consoles except for GameCube with five days (GameCube had 4.5 days). PS3 and Xbox 360 were used 6.8 and 7.1 days average, respectively. Wii also was last in terms of daily average number of sessions with 1.78 sessions, versus 2.42 for PS3 and 2.15 for Xbox 360.

Nielsen noted that Xbox 360 and PS3 have more features (particularly multimedia capabilities) than other consoles measured in the survey, which would lead to more usage. "Predominant users of the Wii and GameCube are likely to use these consoles at most once a week and for fewer minutes and the fewest number of sessions compared to the other two groups of consoles," the study read. Nielsen's sample includes 17K U.S. television households. More trends can be found in Nielsen's report (pdf).

This thread is an ultimate fail. The orginal xbox has a percent of 10.2%. The xbox 360 has one of 11.4%. Read the graph.

Is it just me or does that graph show PS3 at 10.6% and the XBOX at 10.2 with the 360 actually being at 11.4...

DaveD said:

He also said that 6-11 year olds make 75k+ dollars a year salary...

dam kids and keep wanting a bigger allowance!!! lolll jk

wii agre group 6-11? the average age of the wii user is 30

Nintendo is a constant in life. Nintendo is the place where you can always go to have a great time, whether that is alone or together with friends. Nintendo made dozens of all time classics which are more than just amazing games. Nintendo is a gaming company. Nintendo raised our sorry asses better than a parent ever could. Nintendo is a religion. Nintendo is what drove gaming forward and what continues to drive gaming forward. Nintendo saved gaming in the '80s. Nintendo is saving gaming again right now.

Nintendo IS the industry. Nintendo IS gaming. - BY RolStoppable

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Around the Network

PS3 can't possibly be ahead of the Xbox 360 due to game sales ratio. The Xbox 360 sells heavy hitters wheras the PS3 userbase proclaims how great a game is but doesn't actually buy the damn thing.

Proven by official statistics.

I just wonder what I am going to do to the Nielson ratings this month.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

nice that the ps3 is ahead thats pretty low for the wii

Play Me

Squall_Leonhart said:
Is it just me or does that graph show PS3 at 10.6% and the XBOX at 10.2 with the 360 actually being at 11.4...

Behold! AMAZING INTERPRETATION SKILLS NOT SEEN IN THIS THREAD.

radha said:
DaveD said:

He also said that 6-11 year olds make 75k+ dollars a year salary...

HouseHold income, not individual income

If this is the chart used for this thread, I think the OP fails.

1.  Notice this chart says Xbox is 10.2 Active User %.  Xbox 360 is 11.4, which is higher than PS3's 10.6.

2.  Xbox 360 is also higher in Usage Min %, Average Session Mins, and Average Usage Days.

The only thing the PS3 had the lead on was Daily Avg Number Sessions thanks to its lovely blu-ray player

And yes I see that 2 or 3 other people pointed this out.  I just thought it needed more emphasis.