By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare teases Perfect Dark for XBLA

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/Brothersic/Main.jpg
Check the link and look at the games played, also they just watched a 'Stop 'N' Swop' video

Around the Network

Interesting. Really looks like PD lol.. We'll see.

Truth does not fear investigation

nice catch...once can hope. Goldeneye didn't fly so we will have the next best thing...

disolitude said:
nice catch...once can hope. Goldeneye didn't fly so we will have the next best thing...

? Goldeneye will always be remembered more, but Perfect Dark was by far the better game in every way.

LONG LIVE PERFECT DARK!

^I agree with that whole statement. Great video by the way.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network
selnor said:
disolitude said:

? Goldeneye will always be remembered more, but Perfect Dark was by far the better game in every way.

LONG LIVE PERFECT DARK!

If you ignore the drastically horrible frame rates at times.  Even worse than Goldeneye.   Perfect Dark was good but it wasn't Goldeneye good.

Everyone remembers Goldeneye but Perfect Dark was the far better game. The combination of RAM cartridge for full playability and it being released so late in the N64's life caused people to miss out on it. PD was exceptional for the time. It had several multiplayer modes, bots, and an ridiculous good assortment of weapons.

Rpruett said:
selnor said:
disolitude said:

LONG LIVE PERFECT DARK!

If you ignore the drastically horrible frame rates at times.  Even worse than Goldeneye.   Perfect Dark was good but it wasn't Goldeneye good.

I'm curious as to why you say Goldeneye is better? Perfect Dark had a better story, Much better graphics. Better weapons, Much better multiplayer ( with Goldeneyes best levels included ), beter AI. List is endless.

selnor said:
Rpruett said:
selnor said:
disolitude said:

I'm curious as to why you say Goldeneye is better? Perfect Dark had a better story, Much better graphics. Better weapons, Much better multiplayer ( with Goldeneyes best levels included ), beter AI. List is endless.

ITs easy to improve on an established bluprint... Goldeneye set the bar and PD took that and made it slightly better...but much less original and charming in my opinion.

Kind of like the people who claim Resident Evil 2 is better than the original...sure it improved on the formula, but its one thing creating a new and uniqe experience and another tweaking and changing it few years later to be better.

goldeneye is remembered because it was the first fps on consoles.
i really really really want this game on xbox.
with updated graphics and achievements. i wouldnt be on this site for a month. :D