By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Project: Orb and Thorn's Crossbeam Studios needs artists...Sign Up!

This is something i saw at GoNintendo.com at i though it would be helpful if i shared this with you. Its basically a letter to the users at GoNintendo asking if thier interested in being a part of Crossbeam Studios. All i know is that they sound pretty desperate to be asking random kids for help. Whats strange is that they plan to have a demo or preview of some sort ready at the "E for All" videogames convention....

Crossbeam Studios wants you!

Email from Mr. Szemiot to GoNintendo:

We are in desperate need of another character modeller and animator to join our ranks at CSE. Maya experience is great, and the ability to do low and high poly characters (4,000 and 2m respectively) is definately a plus. Position is non pay at the moment, but of course, that will change when the game is done.

people interested should email some model art or a link to work to gscbw5@gmail.com with the subject ‘CSE Staff Pos.’

Now I KNOW there are a ton of talented readers out there in many different areas, maybe this is the perfect opportunity to show your skills. This story will stay posted in our special features section so you can easily access Mr. Szemiot’s email addy incase you want to get in touch.

Hmm....any volunteers?

Thorn is  "A sci-fi adventure dealing with the conspiracies of the human race." while Orb is "The primary CSE project... the fantasy adventure through the land of Delphire." and has been in developement for 5 years. Most of the work had to be redone for the shift from PC to Wii I believe. All of this is from the forums, where not surprisingly thier asking thier users for story ideas and character art:

http://www.crossbeamstudios.com/

Regardles, i really hope they get thier act together and really make some great games. Thier art work looks some what promising (they said it was rushed because a virus deleted most of thier work and they had to makeshift some stuff in 24 hours), and its good to know that Orb and Thorn (two games) were once developed for the PC, but changed to be for the Wii. If I were them i would pay a visit to deviantart.com for help.

Around the Network

This sounds nice... Hope they succeed. I'm jealous of the people who'll get hired. ;( Btw, is Maya a 3d graphic program or an animation program?

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

im pretty sure thier still in the graphic imaging stage, but what do i know about computer graphic programs...................

-goes to wikipedia-

Honestly if anyone has the modeling experience this is a great opportunity to get industry experience. Even if the game is never released it gives you experience and references that are invaluable and could essentially be your foot in the door.

To Each Man, Responsibility

maya is a for modeling and animating :P

Around the Network

Why would they use a gmail account? That's usually the first tip off that something isn't quite right.

He either should have used his corporate CrossBeam Studios account of had a new one set up just to handle inquiries from this talent scouting.

Be cautious replying to this with any personal info. I'd advise you to request a more corporate email account to communicate with for your personal info.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Yay, time to start up Paint and send them some stick figures!

awesome

flamevizier_34 said:

This is something i saw at GoNintendo.com at i though it would be helpful if i shared this with you. Its basically a letter to the users at GoNintendo asking if thier interested in being a part of Crossbeam Studios. All i know is that they sound pretty desperate to be asking random kids for help. Whats strange is that they plan to have a demo or preview of some sort ready at the "E for All" videogames convention....

Crossbeam Studios wants you!

Email from Mr. Szemiot to GoNintendo:

We are in desperate need of another character modeller and animator to join our ranks at CSE. Maya experience is great, and the ability to do low and high poly characters (4,000 and 2m respectively) is definately a plus. Position is non pay at the moment, but of course, that will change when the game is done.

people interested should email some model art or a link to work to gscbw5@gmail.com with the subject ‘CSE Staff Pos.’

Now I KNOW there are a ton of talented readers out there in many different areas, maybe this is the perfect opportunity to show your skills. This story will stay posted in our special features section so you can easily access Mr. Szemiot’s email addy incase you want to get in touch.

Hmm....any volunteers?

Thorn is "A sci-fi adventure dealing with the conspiracies of the human race." while Orb is "The primary CSE project... the fantasy adventure through the land of Delphire." and has been in developement for 5 years. Most of the work had to be redone for the shift from PC to Wii I believe. All of this is from the forums, where not surprisingly thier asking thier users for story ideas and character art:

http://www.crossbeamstudios.com/

Regardles, i really hope they get thier act together and really make some great games. Thier art work looks some what promising (they said it was rushed because a virus deleted most of thier work and they had to makeshift some stuff in 24 hours), and its good to know that Orb and Thorn (two games) were once developed for the PC, but changed to be for the Wii. If I were them i would pay a visit to deviantart.com for help.

These guys don't even have a Wii dev kit....

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.