By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has made the greatest contribution to games this decade and why?

psrock said:
Live by MS

This or what nen-seur said "Sony made there console towards mature people"

Without Live there would be no PSN and if there were neither of those CoD4 would just be another shooter with split screen,Halo wouldnt be as big.

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
Sony..............they made games more mature

They did?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
nen-suer said:

They did?

I assume that by mature he means 'rated mature by the relevant government agency'...

And even then he is wrong

scottie said:
Onyxmeth said:
nen-suer said:

They did?

I assume that by mature he means 'rated mature by the relevant government agency'...

And even then he is wrong

I already figured the first sentence out when I responded. Your second sentence is what I was trying to get to. If I recall correctly, it would have been the PSOne that accomplished this, which would be the decade before this one, and I believe it was a series of third party publishers like Capcom, Squaresoft, Konami, and Eidos that really did the leg work.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Neptune said:
Microsoft I guess, without them online gaming wouldn't be as big - or maybe even non-existant

non-existant? how about PC gaming which I was doing before the xbox come out?

Around the Network
TheThunder said:
Onyxmeth said:
TheThunder said:
The first half is the PS2 and the second half is Nintendo

and BTW what the hell did Sega do in the last 9 years aside from droping the Dreamcast and Milking Sonic besides some good games (Total War comes to mind which is great) but by far not a MAJOR contribution

Online gaming. I hear it's popular nowadays.

hmmm PCs had online and I know you know that but I'm sorry in no way shape or form Online gaming was mianstreem on consoles before Xbox Live and HALO 2 for the most part and when it came to this gen it really took off that's why FPS sales are sky rocketing this gen 

PC's having online is a great contribution to PC's. A console maker bringing it over to consoles and getting it to work I feel deserves it's own achievement notice.

Regarding whether Microsoft deserves the credit for popularizing online gaming or Sega deserves it for carving out the blueprint for Xbox Live's future is merely a difference of opinion. It's similiar to those that think Wolfenstein 3D deserves the FPS credit for creating it or Doom does for popularizing it. Neither is really right or wrong, just a different way of looking at things.

LMFAO

This decade, not 2 years or do you mean +2000 either way. Ps2 has ruled ass for nearly a decade. Any corp behind any other console was its bitch.

Any one that says anything other then Sony are full of BS.

Nintendo- intuitive controls.

twingo said:
LMFAO

This decade, not 2 years or do you mean +2000 either way. Ps2 has ruled ass for nearly a decade. Any corp behind any other console was its bitch.

Any one that says anything other then Sony are full of BS.

I'm not sure you grasp the question. It doesn't need to be a console itself that is the contribution, or a popularity contest on console sales. What did PS2 actually contribute to gaming to make it the greatest contribution of the decade? I'm not necessarily saying it can't be, but your reasoning doesn't mesh well with the question at hand.

Nintendo without a doubt.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||