By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360 SALES UP 260% week on week! in the uk after elite and price drop

Halo is 3 weeks away. Halo wont impact till release maybe couple days b4.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Halo is 3 weeks away. Halo wont impact till release maybe couple days b4.

Not true, my friends already started buying 360 for halo 3

Unfortunately Chart-Track declined to supply specific sales figures for either Xbox 360 or PSP.

Hard to believe it when they don't publish numbers :s.

UK 360 surges, PSP falls

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=82935

Important-looking numbers from Chart-Track show sales for the 360 in the UK are up 260 per cent week-on-week - while the PSP has suffered its worst week since launch.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Umm, worst week since launch? Did anyone else find that worded funny? Worst week in console history sounds like it declined, worst week since launch kinda sounds like people forgot to buy one the first week.

Oh right. Hooray, price cuts do a console good.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

Will VGC track that info?

If true, wouldn't that mean in the UK, that the X360 overtook the Wii for 1 week?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Will VGC track that info?

If true, wouldn't that mean in the UK, that the X360 overtook the Wii for 1 week?

Maybe the report is lagging by one week?

Two weeks ago, the 360 went from 7k UK sales to 20k - that is about a 260% increase.

Still a long way behind the Wii, but an excellent improvement for the 360 (price cut + Bioshock).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Speaking of UK numbers... When was the last time VG charts posted some European sales. Did i miss the last post... or am I only dreaming, cause I thought VG charts used to post European sales in the news section.

I really hope to see some figures pre and post European 360 price drop. And obviously some 360 vs PS3 comparisons :-p