By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will FF Tactics get its respect this time?

rage4dorder said:
most people only play through games one time...

Most people have failed to play FFT.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

FFT is great. However it isn't really better then an 8.

For one it blatantly rips off Tactics Ogre in many respects. Which is to be expected since Square pretty much poached the entire Tactics Ogre team to make FFT.

Except the story isn't as good and the gameplay is less balanced and the game is a lot easier.

It's still a good Tactics game but it's not top of the line when compared to Tactics Ogre or even Disgaea though that's a PS2 game I think so they might not be that comparable on that front. Though Tactics ogre is a SNES game.

Considering Tactics Ogre LOCT isn't a 10 level game.  Not sure what kinda reviews tatics ogre got if any.

The game is easier to a point you can beat the last boss at level 1. Sure, you need to know what you're doing, but...

But it is a highly respected game, and those who like it, like it a lot. Me? I hate tactical RPGS. Hate em! Takes the "take turns punching each other" to a rediculous new level in some cases! Blargh!

Alright, that blargh was uncalled for.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Fuzzmosis said:

Blarghs are never uncalled for. Sometimes I shout (is shout the right term?) them out in the middle of grocery stores, movie theatres, and even funeral homes just for effect. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Kasz, if you're going to point out the fact that FFT steals a lot from TO, then you have to point out that TO steals a lot from Fire Emblem. Don't judge games poorly for not being original, because the game you claim to have been ripped off will almost always have stemmed from someone else's idea somewhere along the line.

It's hard to come up with an original idea, especially in a medium where tens of thousands of potential influences exist. I mean, let's be honest, you can claim that Konami stole the back-dash they use in the 2D Castlevanias since SotN from the NES California Raisens game that was never released. It doesn't mean Konami went out and dug up a game that was never commercially released and stole the one good idea from it, it means that sometimes an idea is good and multiple artists should have that tool available to them regardless of who TRIED it first (no way the first person to impliment something was the first to ever think of it).

Around the Network

@ the thread title

Only if it has the authoritah

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Fuzzmosis said:
The game is easier to a point you can beat the last boss at level 1. Sure, you need to know what you're doing, but...

But it is a highly respected game, and those who like it, like it a lot. Me? I hate tactical RPGS. Hate em! Takes the "take turns punching each other" to a rediculous new level in some cases! Blargh!

Oh i'm not knocking it.  Well I am but only in comparison the Tactics Ogre.  It's still one of my favorite tactics games.  Hey that's the good thing about Tactics Ogre though.  When someone attacks you or you attack them, if they survive they get a counter attack immediatly.

Add to that the fact that they get to attack before you do and it involves some strategy.

Final Fantasy Tactics is still one of my favorite Strategy RPGS.  Afterall I have bought it twice.  Friend of mine spilled pop on my first copy... and didn't tell me.  So it really soaked in... no amount of cleaning could save it. 

Just saying it's not anywhere near the best in it's genre so an 8 is fine. 

FFT has authority in spades. Really, one of the best games ever.

My game of FFT was pretty slow-paced. I was trying to get all the optional characters, and make all my characters full masters in every job. I haven't picked it up in years -- haven't beaten it yet -- but I remember the clock is over 150 hours.

I'm actually pretty close to my goal, except for the fact that I haven't got Cloud yet or his Buster sword. Educating him is going to suck, but most of the rest of my characters are fairly close to full mastery ... if I ever get around to it.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I'm a big FFT fan that played the PSX version to death and love the game but I was pretty disappointed with the PSP port.

one reason: GAME SLOWS DOWN WHENEVER YOU USE ANY ABILITY

Its kinda a love hate mix feeling. The additional characters, jobs and side stories were a nice addition but the problem above makes the game extremely stressful if you've experienced the PSX version.
This is a damn crappy porting job on SE's part.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.