By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is this X360 exclusive Fall 2009 lineup enough to battle Sony?

JRPG said:
786_ali said:
They are going to have to announce some big titles at E3 if they want to compete.

Sony has a lot of gambles in their line up.

Nearly every game coming out is a new IP. They might all end up as "Hazes". I highly doubt it, but there is a chance.

With that said....Afrika...i liked it better when it was called Pokemon Snap.

;)

With respect to Sony's first and second party exclusive, the only big gamble is Heavy Rain (which I am salivating over anyways), all the other product schedule for this year are games based on 'must sell' genre that will get a million unit shipped even if its mediocre. (Except White Knight which is technically a last year exclusive.)

edit: And Afrika of course.... although I heard its going be published by National Geographic in the west.

Around the Network
JRPG said:

Microsoft likes to only annouce game that are coming out that year. Unlike sony whom announce games that will come out 3 years later.

You make this sound like a rule, but it's rather an exception. Any other case than Gears 2 of less than six months between announcement and release?

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Sonys lineup is 4 games

Ratchet 7
Uncharted 2
Heavy Rain
Mag

360s is currently

Halo 3 ODST
Forza 3

*Plus any number of PC/360 releases (SC: Conviction, Alan Wake, KUFii: Dominion)

We already know Halo and Forza will be bigger sellers than any game on the PS3 list, so really all it needs is a couple of filler titles and 360 would win by default.

Is Lost Planet 2 exclusive? that's the only game im interested for the x360

Sonys lineup is 4 games

Ratchet 7
Uncharted 2
Heavy Rain
Mag
GT5

Infamous

GOW3

Qantum Theory

Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier

GTA5

WKC

360s is currently

Halo 3 ODST
Forza 3

*Plus any number of PC/360 releases (SC: Conviction, Alan Wake, KUFii: Dominion)

We already know Halo and Forza will be bigger sellers than any game on the PS3 list, so really all it needs is a couple of filler titles and 360 would win by default.

Don't forget GT5, Infamous, GOW3, Qantum Theory, Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier, GTA5 and WKC.

Corrected for ya!!

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Around the Network
786_ali said:

Sonys lineup is 4 games

Ratchet 7
Uncharted 2
Heavy Rain
Mag
GT5

Infamous

GOW3

Qantum Theory

GTA5

WKC

360s is currently

Halo 3 ODST
Forza 3

Don't forget GT5, Infamous, GOW3, Qantum Theory, Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier, GTA5 and WKC.

Corrected for ya!!

GT5 - Not coming out in 2009, Sony confirmed this when it was absent from their 2009 Fiscal lineup

Infamous - Not a holiday title, it's coming in June or Early July

GOW3 - Not 2009

Qantum Theory - Ok, but it looks pretty bad

Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier - A PSP game? Really?

GTA5 - Doesn't exist.

WKC - This came out last year

RAZurrection said:
786_ali said:

Sonys lineup is 4 games

Ratchet 7
Uncharted 2
Heavy Rain
Mag
GT5

Infamous

GOW3

Qantum Theory

GTA5

WKC

360s is currently

Halo 3 ODST
Forza 3

Corrected for ya!!

GT5 - Not coming out in 2009, Sony confirmed this when it was absent from their 2009 Fiscal lineup

GOW3 - Not 2009

GTA5 - Doesn't exist.

Forza 3 hasn't even been announced!!!

Jak & Daxter is a ps3 game. I looked up all of them on vgreleases.com ,

Initiating social expirement #928719281

RAZurrection said:
786_ali said:

Sonys lineup is 4 games

Ratchet 7
Uncharted 2
Heavy Rain
Mag
GT5

Infamous

GOW3

Qantum Theory

GTA5

WKC

360s is currently

Halo 3 ODST
Forza 3

Corrected for ya!!

GOW3 - Not 2009

GTA5 - Doesn't exist.

786_ali said:
RAZurrection said:
786_ali said:

Sonys lineup is 4 games

Ratchet 7
Uncharted 2
Heavy Rain
Mag
GT5

Infamous

GOW3

Qantum Theory

GTA5

WKC

360s is currently

Halo 3 ODST
Forza 3

Corrected for ya!!

GOW3 - Not 2009

GTA5 - Doesn't exist.

Forza 3 hasn't even been announced!!!

Jak & Daxter is a ps3 game. I looked up all of them on vgreleases.com ,

Perhaps, but it's been leaking all over the place for 2009. Just confirms MS has more stuff to announce.

I think you'll find J&D:TLF is a PSP and PS2 game.

axumblade said:
JRPG said:
ShadowSoldier said:
JRPG said:
The said:
JRPG said:

Yeah i doubt the 360 will get one game announcement at E3.

/sarcasm

I don't think anybody doubts MS will announce several games at E3. Most companies announce games at E3 that get released one or two years later.

Microsoft likes to only annouce game that are coming out that year. Unlike sony whom announce games that will come out 3 years later.

Mass Effect 2

Huxley

Fable 2

Alan Wake

Splinter Cell?

Yeah Sony's the only one that does that /Sarcasm

Microsoft did not announce those. Their respective publishers did.

Doesn't change the fact of the matter that Alan Wake was announced around the same time that Killzone 2 was and we still hardly know anything about it.

My main issue with the games listed in the OP is that none of them have officially been confirmed for 2009 except for Halo 3 ODST and possibly GTA DLC #2 (assuming Rockstar actually bother releasing it on time).

And your statement doesnt' change the fact that MS didn't announce it. MS saves announcements for when they are relevant, not the "this is what you have to look forward to... someday."