By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Windows ad takes jab at Macs

Was she complaining about one of the mac screens being too small, then gushing over how the one notebook was like a cell phone?

Around the Network
famousringo said:
greenmedic88 said:
Apple has their niche market and it is a highly profitable and visible one. They're happy. Targeting the budget market has not been a significant part of their business plan since OSX debuted.

If anything MS should be convincing people not to buy even cheaper Linux enabled netbooks instead as they seem to be under the impression that every PC sold = a license of Windows sold.

Or maybe the Linux crowd is just too geeky and too small for anyone to take their commercial jabs at. But, the day that Linux can be used invisibly by mass market general consumers is the day that MS will really have their work cut out for them and the marketing feat will have to be something like "it's much cooler to buy better specced PCs to run our operating system that has all this great functionality!"

Linux hasn't been showing much growth:

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/os-market-share.aspx?qprid=9

It's Mac OS which has been eroding the Windows stranglehold in consumer PCs. Linux is a bigger threat in the server space than it is in the consumer space.

That's true.......and with a little more polish on their desktop user interface, Linux will soon also start taking away market share from MS as well.

Asmo said:
Good luck carrying your 8 lbs piece of hardware around.

VAIO P.

get out!.

HP should be the one doing this ad, not microsoft. microsoft doesn't sell notebooks afterall.

nice advertising :D Keep up the great work Microsoft!!!!

@lolita

the money they spent on that ad was a drop in the bucket for MS and it is a good response to the "I'm a mac, I'm a pc ads." As for making the OS better, they have. I've been using the Windows 7 beta and am really impressed with it.

Around the Network

just so you know guys, when it comes to laptops being sold its a 50/50 split between ms and apple.

ms only dominate marketshare when it comes to home desktops.

Random Person B said:
just so you know guys, when it comes to laptops being sold its a 50/50 split between ms and apple.

ms only dominate marketshare when it comes to home desktops.

Actually if you did the math that would make no sense. 29% of computers sold today are laptops, and if mac owned 50 percent of that share, they would have a 14.5% AT LEAST market share.

Actually, macs share in laptops is 5%, "netbook" linux base are 3%(or linux based laptops), much higher then desktop market share for linux, and rest is basically microsoft.

Cool, I hope there's more jabs at each other from Microsoft and Apple. Stuff like that is great.

I don't hate Macs and I'm comfortable with using them for stuff like Adobe software and Final Cut, but I don't see myself needing one for reasons other than that. Though I guess if there's one thing I hate, it's the Mac mice so I keep a trusty 3 button logitech mouse with me whenever I need to work on a project.

I need to reinstall the Windows 7 beta.. Doesn't that end in August?

Take that apple!

Silly ad, but if Apple is going to continue its asinine ads Microsoft should be free to do the same.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.