By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I have never seen an article so offensive to Christianity as this

WessleWoggle said:
dsister44 said:
lol thank god im here. first off im feel sorry for everyone that does not believe in god i feel sorry for you. second there are several different kinds of evolution, there is micro and macro. micro is that animals change in small ways too help them with problems in there enviroment that just need to change a little. macro evolution is a complete load of crap, its the one that says we(human race) change alot in there time on earth.

I DID NOT USE TOO BE A MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i believe that they should teach creationism in school, they should offer it along with evolutionism. the students only have too take one of the courses.

Tell me what you think god is so I can know if I can feel sorry for you. I believe in 'source' or 'big mind' or 'godhead' from various philosophies I've heard, and I agree that this concept might exist.

Tell me what you think god is so I can know if it's respectable.

You're a quick one to judge those that are godless. It's just a different word view, it's no worse.

God doesn't matter. Only being a good person, and using logic.

Now about evolution, don't you think that over the course of millions of years small changes could amount to large changes? That's all evolution is really about. How can you disagree with the concept?

No, you did not use to be a monkey. You had a common ancestor with a monkey. There is a difference. You are highly ignorant to science. Creationism is unproven and should not be taught in school. Evolution IS proven, beyond doubt, and should be taught in school.

Steady on, you sound *exactly* like a typical American Creationist there! Though I'm not saying that's a bad thing, they just tend to say stuff like "Evolution is disproven beyond doubt". Frankly, if something is beyond doubt, it ceases being a scientific argument, and becomes a playground one.

Around the Network

You think that's offensive to Christianity...

try a movie called "Jesus Christ: Serial Rapist."

Yes that movie does really exist.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438883/

Edit: aw damn.  The IMDB says it wasn't about what it said it was at the horror convention.

Not sure why i'm disapointed about that but in a weird way i am.

Kasz216 said:

You think that's offensive to Christianity...

try a movie called "Jesus Christ: Serial Rapist."

Yes that movie does really exist.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438883/

LULZ

What possible reason could someone have for wanting to make that movie?

appolose said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Yeesh, this topic got too hot too quick. I'm out. The salmon was great BTW.

You bailing on me, Vagabound?! 

Congrats on the salmon :)

@vlad and wessle

As I said, evolution entails more than RM and NA (both concepts I fully agree with).  For example;

Ape-> Man.   Not implied by RM and NA, whereas it is by evolution.  And that's all I'm going to say about it here.

Sorry, there is debating on what is and isn't science and then there is the hate fest that this topic has (quickly) devolved into. Another time my man.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Wow.  I cannot believe that some evolutionists think this way.  As far as I know, evolution is still a theory, and he says so in the article.  Yet, somehow, the creationists wanting the students to be taught that it is a theory will doom education?  He says that evolution is a foundation of modern science and that saying creationists outlook on life is based not on reality, but dogma.  He didn't have to say that to prove his point, and it is in poor taste for him to do so.

I believe that I don't get offended very easily, but I will, for sure, avoid any article with the name Phil Plait on it.

All your follow up shows is that you have no idea what a scientific theory is.

BTW gravity is a theory.

Also, good, creationism SHOULDN'T be taught in schools. Leave that to the churches, after all then you can learn other fun "facts" such as:

Rabbits chew cud

Women should be made to live on the edge of towns during their period because they're "Unclean"

That in the Bible God killed 2,301,417. - Satan killed 10.

Also, read this please:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13695-evolution-myths-the-theory-is-wrong-because-the-bible-is-inerrant.html

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."

WraithPriests PC:                
QX6850@3.6GHZ

4GB OCZ Reaper X PC8000
GTX470 (774/1548/3900)    
nForce 780i MoBo
1.25TB HDD (1x1TB, 1x250GB)
A+ El Diablo 2 Case
Vista x64
Around the Network

i just checked wikipedia,and there is a major difference between macro and microevolution. macro is when one species evolves into another ie monkey into human. micro is when the animal/human evolves in little things like losing a finger or something.
@bitmap
give me one good reason why they should not offer it ? if its false then people will not believe it.why do you care so much.

and people you have to admit this article is awfully anti-christian.

WessleWoggle what did you think of my response?

As for evolution. Though not a Buddist i tend to follow the Buddist interpretation of Science and Religion.

"If science proves some belief of Buddhism wrong, then Buddhism will have to change. In my view, science and Buddhism share a search for the truth and for understanding reality. By learning from science about aspects of reality where its understanding may be more advanced, I believe that Buddhism enriches its own worldview."

WessleWoggle said:
appolose said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Yeesh, this topic got too hot too quick. I'm out. The salmon was great BTW.

You bailing on me, Vagabound?!

Congrats on the salmon :)

@vlad and wessle

As I said, evolution entails more than RM and NA (both concepts I fully agree with).  For example;

Ape-> Man.   Not implied by RM and NA, whereas it is by evolution.  And that's all I'm going to say about it here.

Oh, cmon, don't be afraid. I'm very open minded.

I don't think ape -> man, I think cromagnon -> homosapien.

Now, that happened could have happened through:

*Normal evolution

*Selective breeding guided by a god

*Genetic modification upon the already existant inhabitants of the earth

*Genetic modifacation of the previously seeded inhabitants of earth

*Perverted Gods mating with cromagnon man(that was a result of one of the above)

I've heard support in favor of all these theories, but normal evolution seems very likely.

I may make a thread about what I mean about it... I probably haven't been all that clear here.

You've heard support for the perverted Gods idea? Ew.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Kasz216 said:
As for evolution. Though not a Buddist i tend to follow the Buddist interpretation of Science and Religion.

"If science proves some belief of Buddhism wrong, then Buddhism will have to change. In my view, science and Buddhism share a search for the truth and for understanding reality. By learning from science about aspects of reality where its understanding may be more advanced, I believe that Buddhism enriches its own worldview."

In that case you're more flexible and capable of rational thought than approximately 95% of religious people i've ever met.

Good for you.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."

WraithPriests PC:                
QX6850@3.6GHZ

4GB OCZ Reaper X PC8000
GTX470 (774/1548/3900)    
nForce 780i MoBo
1.25TB HDD (1x1TB, 1x250GB)
A+ El Diablo 2 Case
Vista x64