By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GDC: Rockstar should have had more ‘realistic expectations’ for The Lost and Damned, says Pachter

i hate pachter

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network
1337 Gamer said:
i hate pachter

I think we all do buddy!

I wish I could set realistic expectations for Mr. Pachter, but each time he write something, or speaks, it happens to throw all my estimates out of the window.

City17 said:
scottie said:
Cheers City - quibbling about grammar is what I do best

infact, it's about all I do

I disagree I think you always have something positive to put forth :)

Aww, thanks :)

scottie said:
City17 said:
scottie said:
Cheers City - quibbling about grammar is what I do best

infact, it's about all I do

I disagree I think you always have something positive to put forth :)

Aww, thanks :)

My pleasure!

Around the Network

some peopel are never satisfied

the way i see it..
Microsoft payed 50 million for the dlc and it doesn't look like it will pay off..
they will lose money on it..

rock star is making a shitload of money.
they already have 50 million for just signing a contract lol

hello how are you.

Paperdiego said:
the way i see it..
Microsoft payed 50 million for the dlc and it doesn't look like it will pay off..

Is this a fact or rumor?

City17 said:
Paperdiego said:
the way i see it..

Is this a fact or rumor?

Not exactly sure.

i think its a rumor becasue it was never stated my microsoft but it had multiple credible sources ..

hello how are you.

Avarice28 said:
I think instead of printing a retraction, pachter is trying to do either a cover up or a bold face lie to save face. I know quite abit of people who have 360's who are not on live due to the fee. The other half of the people I know have live but have already traded GTA4 in for another game, so it makes no since to pay for the game plus 20 bucks for the download. So IMOB I think the DLC came a little to late to really impact DLC revenue that much. Pachter is IMOB full of cow chips, he has been wrong before, and this is not going to change. Take what he said about the 1 million downloads and now not hitting earlier predicts with a grain of salt. It is more in the middle like 19 million 360's are online and the DLC probably only sold like 680k the first week. Do the math and this does "not" add up to 25 million.

There is no fee for going onto live but don't let the facts get in the way of your "analysis"