By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Virtual console arcade wish list

marktheshark275 said:
warioswoods said:
Mario Kart will never appear on it. I actually will be surprised if games even as recent as Killer Instinct ever make the cut; I think that it's very clear from Nintendo's general presentation and announcement that this section will remain an ultra-retro throwback to the earliest arcade hardware.

Mark my words, the releases will all come from the 80's and maaaaybe reach as far as the mid-90's, if we're lucky.

So even if an arcade game from the mid to late 90's is small enough to run on the Wii, has no licensing issues & it'll still be rejected from being on the VCA all because it's not originally released in the 80's?

Besides, a few games that Namco is planning to release soon on the Japan VCA are Cosmo Gang the Puzzle & Cyber Sled, both of which are from the 90's. That fact alone dissaproves your theory.

Well, it certainly wouldn't "disapprove" my statement, but as for disproving, the games that have been announced, even though we get a couple from the early 90's, are still very basic arcade games with low-end hardware.  I should have said "will primarily come from the 80's and maybe reach as far as the mid-90's", but in any case I think my contention here is that Nintendo is thinking of the VCArcade in terms of early, retro arcade games -- which isn't necessarily a bad thing -- but if you expect titles with 3d graphics, large moving pre-rendered backgrounds like Killer Instinct, or for that matter anything that goes beyond what MAME could run perfectly on a low-end PC from about 5 years ago, then you are likely to be disappointed. 

Remember, they will need to build an emulator for any arcade board from which they wish to feature games, and I just don't see them going to the trouble of developing more advanced ones when, going by their presentation so far, the objective of this part of the VC has more to do with the retro arcade feel than anything else.  The same goes for SEGA games, for instance; they only include up through the Genesis, even though the Wii could easily run Saturn games.  I just don't see that kind of thing being a part of their strategy.  The N64 is important to have on the VC for obvious reasons, and it still barely gets any games at all.  The rest of the VC is concerned with the 16-bit era and prior (extremely prior in the case of the C64).

If we get titles from the mid or late 90's, I'm expecting them to be simple, 2d games that could more or less run on either the SNES or NeoGeo.

Around the Network

1.- Killer Instinct (not Snes port)
2.- Ultimate mortal kombat 3
3.- Alien Versus Predator (very limited on consoles by capcom)
4.- Time crisis 1 and 2
5.- CARNEVIL (console´s unreleased)
6.- The punisher (capcom)
7.- Cadillacs and dinosaurs (another capcom one)
8.- Gradius series
9.- Outrun (with wiimote)
10.- Punchout (original one)

Did somebody say Star Wars Trilogy? That I really want!!! with IR support.

Does anybody know the name of a 90s on-rails shooter in which the band Aerosmith was involved??? I think I would like to play it (never had enough quarters back in my broke teen days).

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

venepe said:
Did somebody say Star Wars Trilogy? That I really want!!! with IR support.

Does anybody know the name of a 90s on-rails shooter in which the band Aerosmith was involved??? I think I would like to play it (never had enough quarters back in my broke teen days).

I did. Loved those two lightsaber mini-stages. =D

The Aerosmith game is called Revolution X. I think a Pizza Place in my area use to have one.

Thanx BrainBoxLtd!!

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

Around the Network

VENEPE, si no te tocaba a ti, ¿porque a alguien mas? jajajaja...
Obviamente en Wii quedan muy bien todos los arcades de disparos, y no es necesario comprar pistolas.

Translated: Obviously Wii can fit any arcade shooter game, and make unnecesary buy any lightgun.

Snow Bros.
Pacland
Double Dragon I and II
Daytona
Galaxy Force
Power Drift

I'd like to see the original arcade version of Killer Instinct and the bloody violent arcade-only Battletoads brawler. Alas, with Rare being under Microsoft's hood, we probably won't get those.

And that craptacular arcade fighter, Time Killers. It was stupid but entertaining.

Also, this would be a good time for Nintendo to craft an Arcade Stick a la the Classic Controller.