By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Geoff Keighley: Big Announcement is Multiplatform! (Announced TONIGHT)!!

Posted to keep track of the forum... I am all excited now! This better be good Darth! :P

PSN: Gippon

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm wondering what it is

Everything is pointing towards the COD Modern Warfare 2 reveal, which will be really crappy as we already know its coming

@EVERYONE

if it's bad we will all attack Darth for getting us excited for no reason,,,deal?

im going to guess its a R* game....L.A. Noire maybe?

Around the Network

The website of MW2 starting up all but confirms the announcement of the game, this was what Geoff was talking about which is BULLSHIT! RAWR

COD:MW2 is awesome but for this announcement i 'll be disappointed

irstupid said:
The Anarchyz said:
PS3/Wii, interesting, it would be the 1st one this gen... But for that to work they need to do it on the PS3 with HD graphics, then only downscale it to 480 (already done in the PS3 development) and port it to the Wii modifying the controls (which should be easy being a KH game), if they do a Wii crappy port (like Dead Rising:CtYD) it will be good for PS3 but they would lose potential buyers...

I think you are forgetting the newly released game Echoes of Time is it?  by square-enix.  the same company that does kingdom hearts.  

Now what is it unique about Echoes of Time.  Oh yea the Wii version is a direct port of the DS version with different controls.  So for all we know it could be a Wii pushed graphics for Kingdom hearts, and lol ported directly to the PS3 with diff controls.

I know about FFCC:Echoes of Time, after all is a Final Fantasy game, my 3rd favorite franchise, but it's not a PS3/Wii game, is a Wii/DS game... It uses the Pollux Engine that allows games to be ported either way or developed for both systems at the same time, and also allows cross-platform multiplayer, it's really cool

Now, porting DS <---> Wii is way easier than PS3 <----> Wii, and the best way to develop is doing the PS3 version first, HD and SD graphics included, then use the SD downscale, modify the controls, and port it to the Wii...

MGS4 or 5 -- extremely unlikely Kojima is more likely to announce ZOE3 but that's for E3 and I won't even get to what platforms it might be for although PS3 is a given

AC2 and COD:MW2 --- both are unlikely because keighley says its not announced and both have been announced in some shape or fashion.

ITS NOT FF OR KH3

not Elder Scrolls 5 - wish it was

unlikely that its anything star wars related.

Mass Effect if it was coming to PS3 should be announced at E3 not GDC just a feeling I have.

not Gears of War - Its too early for that to be coming

so what could it be......

what are some of last Gens biggest games that have not yet been released this gen that are not exclusive????

any ideas we gotta think of games that have not been mentioned as of yet

It's 6 now, so expect something soon