By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - waiting for Onlive ??

@tyrannical: I agree, it's impossible to release such a thing without lag!

OnLive will bomb, Zeebo will have a certain success IMO (3-4 millions sold).

BTW, will VGC track zeebo's sales (even for the lulz)?

Around the Network
kungfuian said:
Question for any tech savy members, for this to work wouldn't they need a system powerful enough to run the game for each user? (so like a system on their end with the power of 100,000 360's to run 100,000 users of a 360 quality game)

The only thing I can imagine is some type of resource sharing, where the work to run software is specifically designed to be shared (like a system that can run the textures, engine, etc. for 100,000 call of duty players at the same time with shared resources)???

Only if all the users are playing 24 hours a day, which is not gonna happen of course. I do see them needing vast amounts of computers though, as well as a massive amount of bandwidth (according to them a constant 4 megabits per second stream per user for 720p).

However that's really the least of their problems. If they get to the point where they need so many computers, it means the service works well and there's demand for it. The tricky part (and IMO impossible for the foreseeable future) is to get this to work for a significant number of people with satisfactory lag.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957