By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Four Stages of Wii: How developers learned to accept Wii

Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:
So.. your point is that it took 4 years for wii to games/flops like madworld?

Madworld's numbers don't indicate a flop based on past trends.

And past trends did not indicate wii selling as much as it did. We will see (and hear the excuses).

Mad World making 70k in its first week is actually very good in terms of games that sell a million on the console, but you are right, we will see in time.

Around the Network

70,000 first week is a flop how?

That's seventy thousands, not just seventy.

Nice article. I tend to like Gamasutra. Good games sell. Games with mass appeal sell. Mad World Good Game doesn't have Mass appeal. WoW is a good game with mass appeal and sells.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Let's not fill this thread with "MADWORLD!!!" talk. I disliked the game, so its sales are pretty meaningless to me.

This is about developers overcoming their hatred of Wii, it took them a little over 2 years.  How long will it take ps360 fanboys?

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Well, here's hoping this reflects a growing trend in developer attitudes.

Around the Network

Not at all, it's just not interesting, and I don't see what it has to do with this thread.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Khuutra said:
frybread said:

Let's not fill this thread with "MADWORLD!!!" talk. I disliked the game, so its sales are pretty meaningless to me.

This is about developers overcoming their hatred of Wii, it took them a little over 2 years.  How long will it take ps360 fanboys?

Frybread is the existence of a game you don't have to buy somehow an insult to you

I'm just asking

It seems kind of silly

Yes! The world should pay more attention to me and make games for me to play.

I'm sorry, I didn't notice you had edited the post, let me go edit mine.

Edit: Also I apologize for jumping on that, it was very rude of me to take us off-topic.

Do you really think this is a matter of developers accepting the Wii, though?

haha some developers are still in between the denial and angry stages. if anyone saw that vid on gametrailers, they would know what I'm talking about haha.

^Heh, most of the time I'd just slip straight into depression when bad things occur.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here