By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has the best fall lineup? Category=Simulation

I'm basing my info on the IGN release dates as they stand from yesturday, 9/3. Things can change; I know. My differentiation between genres may not suit your style perfectly; so fine. I will not be including Playstation 2 because it's last gen, so too bad. Do the work yourself if it's that critical.

Now that all of that is out of the way, here's the point. It's hard to say which system is always the best, because sales do not necessarily entail quality, and gems can pop up on even the most awful of consoles. I'm gonna go genre by genre and show the fall lineup. You guys then discuss who rules in that area. If the release dates get updated by new games added or pushed into next fall, we can reconvene and decide again what that means for each console. I have taken a few liberties by not adding any games specifically for children, such as Spongebob and Ben 10, and will not include any games that have to do with hunting because I figure no one wants to argue over that anyways. If I'm offending any hunting game fans, too bad. Spend your money more wisely in the future. So without further ado...

Simulation    

XBOX 360    
Date Game Title Sub Genre
16-Oct-07 Thrillville: Off the Rails Creation

PS3    
10-Oct-07 PlayStation Home Creation

Wii    
18-Sep-07 MySims Creation
16-Oct-07 Thrillville: Off the Rails Creation
22-Oct-07 Sims 2: Castaway, The Creation
6-Nov-07 My Word Coach Educational
13-Nov-07 Trauma Center: New Blood Adventure

Wii again has the quantity covered. If you like The Sims or any sim game, Wii has your answer. They also have a new Trauma Center which should get some decent scores and be worth a rental if not a purchase, depending on features. 360 only has Thrillville, so consider them out. PS3 has no creation games, but Home is a sim basically, and it'll be big for the PS3. The community atmosphere shows a lot of promise, and because of this, i'd say Sony has this one. Trauma Center fans please don't throw rocks.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

WII WINS!!!!!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Didn't know the Wii was getting TWO versions of The Sims!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Great idea with these post Onxymeth.

I have to disagree with you on this one.  While Home MAY rock with it's community features (it's highly questionable how many will be online for launch though as their aren't many in the beta test), I'd have to give the win to the Wii for having multiple flavours of Sims with MySims, a traditional Sims (Castaway), Trauma Centre, Thrillville.   Pretty much something for every sim fan.

Wii ----------------------

MySims
Thrillville: Off the Rails
Trauma Center: New Blood

Trauma Center with co-op should be amazing, nurse i need more suction :-p

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Around the Network

Wii-- Home is as much as a game as XBox Live is a game.

I get the feeling Home will be nice initially, then overlooked after it's been introduced unless they have some really interesting things happening on a consistent basis. I don't see the appeal in it yet. Maybe they'll throw in some surprises soon.

Wii wins, hands down.

Edit: Post 1900, M_M

Wii easily, the amount of variety alone gives them the win. Not to mention 2 Sims games and Trama Center.

I also disagree. Home may be cool, but the wii has a good lineup and 2 very promising games.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Wii, btw this is really a better category for Harvest Moon than the RPG category.