By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has the best fall lineup? Category=Sports

I'm basing my info on the IGN release dates as they stand from yesturday, 9/3. Things can change; I know. My differentiation between genres may not suit your style perfectly; so fine. I will not be including Playstation 2 because it's last gen, so too bad. Do the work yourself if it's that critical.

Now that all of that is out of the way, here's the point. It's hard to say which system is always the best, because sales do not necessarily entail quality, and gems can pop up on even the most awful of consoles. I'm gonna go genre by genre and show the fall lineup. You guys then discuss who rules in that area. If the release dates get updated by new games added or pushed into next fall, we can reconvene and decide again what that means for each console. I have taken a few liberties by not adding any games specifically for children, such as Spongebob and Ben 10, and will not include any games that have to do with hunting because I figure no one wants to argue over that anyways. If I'm offending any hunting game fans, too bad. Spend your money more wisely in the future. So without further ado...

Sports    

XBOX 360    
Date Game Title Sub Genre
5-Sep-07 Cyberball 2072 Action
11-Sep-07 NHL 2K8 Hockey
11-Sep-07 NHL 08 Hockey
11-Sep-07 skate Skateboarding
2-Oct-07 NBA 2K8 Basketball
2-Oct-07 NBA Live 08 Basketball
9-Oct-07 Tony Hawk's Proving Ground Skateboarding
9-Oct-07 FIFA Soccer 08 Soccer
5-Nov-07 College Hoops 2K8 Basketball
13-Nov-07 WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008 Wrestling

PS3    
10-Sep-07 NHL 2K8 Hockey
11-Sep-07 NHL 08 Hockey
24-Sep-07 skate Skateboarding
1-Oct-07 Hot Shots Golf 5 Golf
2-Oct-07 NBA '08 Basketball
2-Oct-07 NBA 2K8 Basketball
2-Oct-07 NBA Live 08 Basketball
16-Oct-07 FIFA Soccer 08 Soccer
5-Nov-07 College Hoops 2K8 Basketball
13-Nov-07 WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008 Wrestling
18-Dec-07 NCAA March Madness 08 Basketball

Wii    
25-Sep-07 Balls of Fury Ping Pong
28-Sep-07 Dave Mirra BMX Challenge BMX
1-Oct-07 MLB Power Pros Baseball
9-Oct-07 FIFA Soccer 08 Soccer
9-Oct-07 NBA Live 08 Basketball
23-Oct-07 Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis Ping Pong
5-Nov-07 Super Swing Golf 2 Golf
6-Nov-07 Showtime Championship Boxing Boxing
13-Nov-07 AMF Bowling: Pinbusters Bowling
19-Nov-07 WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008 Wrestling
20-Nov-07 Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Olympics

I'm gonna be quick about this, because I don't like sports games very much. The EA lineup is completely multiplatform, so it doesnt matter what system you have. The 2K series doesn't appear on the Wii only, so there's a small loss. PS3 has NBA 08 if anyone cares, but it also has the awesome Hot Shots Golf 5. Wii has Super Swing Golf 2 which will be equally as awesome, but also has Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. Mario and Sonic would be the only game I would really consider buying so Wii has my vote. But for a real simulation style sports fan, pick your poison, PS3 of 360. It doesn't really matter.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Mario and sonic looks really nice, Wii has my vote

Wow, I had no idea this many games were coming out, THIS YEAR!!! Well like onyxmeth has said, it depends on which console you have. I personally don't like sports games myself. Since I'll own the Wii eventually mabe the Olympics game might be a pretty good choice. Wii has my vote on this one as well.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

I just though about this but, Nintendo could actually release Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games every 4 years or so just like the real Olympics.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

@ regin 2005, yeah every 4 years or even every 2 years 2 fill in da winter olympics init

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

NHL 08 is the only one I think I'll be getting so 360 has my vote, sorry my lil blue and red hat moustache friends.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Id say PS3 but since Peter Moore is making sure all EA titles on the PS3 suck ass the 360 wins.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Fun sports Wii wins...

Sports as a whole, I think PS3 slightly edges the Wii.

In terms of hot exclusive titles it's Hot Shot Golf versus Mario & Sonic. Mario & Sonic wins with a long shot.

In terms of sports simulating action, PS3 wins. Not sure about the gameplay though. Cuz EA seems to have problems to keep PS3 titles at the same levels of quality as the Xbox360.

For me, sports are better with (good) use of the wii-mote. Still, I'd want NHL 08 if I had a 360 or PS3.

The one game on the list I'm definately getting in is Mario & Sonic Olympics. That one game could be a huge success! A lot of other Wii games (Table Tennis, boxing, Power Pro) I'll wait for the reviews and if they are like Wii Sports with depth, I'll likely get them.