By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has the best fall lineup? Category=Platformer

Super Mario Galaxy swallows all, and Katamari was supposedly coming out in Q4 07 for Wii but that may have been pushed back. (NOvember was the date I saw)

Also, you missed out Ninjabread man :P.

Around the Network

You made a point, if it had Jak and Daxter in it it would be a platformer without a doubt. But I think realistic platformers genre Lare Croft have evolved into a new genre. Because of the realistic graphics, they have "matured" they will play more like a movie, the story line will be more important and stuff. Whereas in traditional platformers they should play and feel like a cartoon. Fun and addictive and the story shouldn't even matter as long as it's fun and addictive! Enough reason to put Uncharted in a different category.

But still Jak and Dexter don't beat Mario, maybe Mario Sunshine but not Mario Galaxy. I put them at the same level as Banjo Kazooie, Ratchet and Clank and Crash original PS games.

I'd have to give it to the Wii, just for Mario, but they also have Nights. It's a good thing all those multiplatform games suck....Got PS3 and Wii, so I'll be picking up Mario Galaxy, Nights, and Ratchet and Clank. Played all of the other Ratchets, enjoyed them quite thoroughly.

Wiiii

Dewy's Adventure
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
and the big one Super Mario Galaxy

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Wii, but a good showing from the PS3 and 360 both this time as well. Beautiful Katamari and Ratchet should be great.

Around the Network

Did this one even need to be made? Even without Galaxy the Wii still has Dewey's Adventure and NiGHTS (though I personally don't like the game) which can at the very least compare with Ratchet and Clank and Katamari.

Ps3 wins this hands down for me.

Wii for me. Mario is the king of platformers, plus they have the largest overall list.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Lawlz at all the fanboys trying to justify a platforming series better than Mario. That's ridiculous. I mean, I understand you like your console and I respect your choice, but you're not going to see me trying to say Wii's racing lineup is better than either the X360's or PS3's. The idea of Uncharted (shouldn't be a platformer, but whatever) or R&C being better than SMG is really idiotic. Plus, no one's giving any credit to Dewey's Adventure, a game that is receiving a solid amount of critical acclaim.

This is insane, anyone who thinks this is anything but the Wii's category hands down and beyond a shadow of a doubt is deluding themselves. There is no way even including Uncharted that the PS3 even begins to rise to the level of SMG alone in the genre of platformer.

To Each Man, Responsibility