By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has the best fall lineup? Category=Racing

Neos said:
Hus said:
GT5 prologue, kills anything any one else has.

pgr4 kills it, sorry

LMFAo

yahh bikes keeping up with cars on turns in the snow.

Around the Network
regin2005 said:
I wonder if Microsoft will have anything good enough to counter GT5 next year?

Theres nothing that can counter GT5, you can just avoid it.

Hus said:
Neos said:
Hus said:

pgr4 kills it, sorry

LMFAo

yahh bikes keeping up with cars on turns in the snow.

nice bikes

bridgestone tires imo 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

GT5 prologue. Hmph...Its been so long since No4 (was it 2003,2004?). If Sony expect third parties to devote the same amount of time and money to Ps3 games as they clearly have to just to get them out, they have another thing coming. GT5 is taking so long that Sony have had to put out a demo and a prologue, neither of which have been/look particularly impressive, JUST to remind ppl their franchise exists. Forza 2 and PGR4 kick/will kick GT5 prologue's ass

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

GT5 Prologue doesn't come out this year, unless something changed within the last 24 hours. Last I remember it's slated in the first quarter of 08.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
GT5 Prologue doesn't come out this year, unless something changed within the last 24 hours. Last I remember it's slated in the first quarter of 08.

Hus goes by fiscal year, duh :p

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Any driving that doesn't involve cartoon physics makes me fall asleep. I nearly get killed every time I drive on the highway.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Hus said:

(I can't believe I am doing this.)

QFT. 

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

You forgot Gran Turismo HD exclusively for PS3 in December... DiRT and Stuntman are coming but they are already on 360... So the PS3 lineup has Gran Turismo HD as a differentiator. For PS3 you can also buy a racing wheel with force feedback.

On 360, PGR 4 is exclusive and Flatout is not announced for the other platforms. Fatal Intertia is delayed for PS3. So, PGR4 and Flatout are the two major differentiators. For 360 you can buy a racing wheel with force feedback.  Also, I would include Moto GP 07 which was released this past week.  Finally missed Monster Truck Jam which is kind of a racing genre game.

Wii has Donkey Kong, Indy Legends, Crus'n, and Nitrobike as differentiators but none look to be very "NextGen-ish" in comparison to the PS3 and 360 racing games. Wii has a racing add on for the controller but no force feedback.

So, if you are choosing primarily on uniqueness and/or family play below the age of 10 then Wii is up front, 360 second, and PS3 third.

If you are choosing based on intensity, graphics, controls, and sound then you would choose between 360 and PS3 as they both have a true racing wheel with force feedback. I would give a slight edge to 360 as Flatout is not yet announced for PS3 and Grand Turismo and PGR cancel each other for the most part. I looked at the Wii videos and they were not as good as the 360 and PS3 ones for graphics and sound...

An additional noticable mention is the existing lineup and multiplayer. 360 has been out longer so it has a lot more racing games, and 360 also has more online racing options then PS3. So if you value those things and choosing between PS3 and 360 then the 360 lead becomes bigger.