By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

Recon1O1 said:
This is going to sound confusing but while I have AN achievement for completing 100% of RDR (sp) I don't have 100% of RDR's achievements completed. Should I have gotten a plat this week? I think Namrah's score is higher if that's how it's supposed to work. Not something that needs your attention right now Neo but it may be worth an eyeball next Thursday.

Thanks for doing this stuff during your break. Nice to see a couple of full tourneys. Hope you'll get some playtime yourself soon. The icons work great. Updates are almost real-time.

Simply put, no. Plats work on who has the highest gamerscore/achievements in that game, not about what in game achievements are.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Recon1O1 said:
This is going to sound confusing but while I have AN achievement for completing 100% of RDR (sp) I don't have 100% of RDR's achievements completed. Should I have gotten a plat this week? I think Namrah's score is higher if that's how it's supposed to work. Not something that needs your attention right now Neo but it may be worth an eyeball next Thursday.

Thanks for doing this stuff during your break. Nice to see a couple of full tourneys. Hope you'll get some playtime yourself soon. The icons work great. Updates are almost real-time.

Simply put, no. Plats work on who has the highest gamerscore/achievements in that game, not about what in game achievements are.

Seece is correct.  Plats are for the highest GS in games that have over 20 league members with the game on their gamertag.  The only caveat is that 1/3 or less gamers have a 100% GS in the game.  Therfore games like Avatar Burning Earth, King Kong, and Monkey Island can't qualify.

Last night was unique.  I did the preliminary numbers early in the day and eNamrah had the highest score, but when I checked during the real update Recon1O1 had the highest score so he got the platinum (I verified it at XBox.com to be sure).  After the update, I checked and eNamrah had re-taken it back.  But, at the point in time that I did the scores Recon1O1 was 800 and eNamrah 725...  So Recon1O1 got the platinum.

You may also notice the update time was an hour earlier then usual.  I have been working to automate the league and this week was the first week I tried my fully automated Gamerscore, True Achievements, and League Points update.  (Worked, successfully, so I will start pulling the numbers later in the evening going forward).  Platinums are still a very manual process though.  Essentially, what I do is rely 100% on MyGamerCard.NET.  I open it up to the league leaderboard and manually go through the list, finding games with 20 gamertags and manually viewing each one to ensure the platinums are correct.  Usually takes about 3-4 hours and is completed at about 7-8 pm Mountain Standard Time (GMT -07:00).  Then, the rest of the league stuff is down to about an 1 hour to assemble the numbers (through creative use of MS Word, Notepad, MS Excel, and MS Expressions), and put them into the forum posts.

Sounds like a PITA Mr. Ratt. So the numbers pulled while I was briefly ahead. I'm sure eNamrah doesn't care. The game shouldn't be showing as plat awards for three of us though. I couldn't imagine a search program misinterpreting the two but that's all I could think of. No biggie and have a good weekend.

The hardest part of the in game ach. was five-finger fillet in Torquemada where the qte ABAYAXAYAB and repeat gave me probs. Killing the cougars with a knife took a while. The game seems to pile it on sometimes. You'll finally find the beaver you've been looking for and get attacked by 3 cats. A pack of wolves got me in the middle of the cougar fight. No chance to switch to my semi-auto, red and dead agin.

@Recon1O1, I didn't unlock the 100gs Redeemed achievement until after 10PM EST, so I didn't expect it to be included in NeoRatt's update.

I've found RDR overall to be a lot easier than GTA4, perhaps because I enjoyed the game more. Aside from randomly annoying cougars that can take down your horse in a flash, the worst part for me was the challenge for killing a grizzly with your knife. Every time I whittled a grizzly's health to where I could finish it off with the knife, 2 more grizzlies would appear. It's weird I think I saw only 2, maybe 3 grizzlies before I completed the story, but afterward whenever I went in Tall Trees I'd get mobbed by them 3 at a time.

Recon1O1 said:
Sounds like a PITA Mr. Ratt. So the numbers pulled while I was briefly ahead. I'm sure eNamrah doesn't care. The game shouldn't be showing as plat awards for three of us though. I couldn't imagine a search program misinterpreting the two but that's all I could think of. No biggie and have a good weekend.

The hardest part of the in game ach. was five-finger fillet in Torquemada where the qte ABAYAXAYAB and repeat gave me probs. Killing the cougars with a knife took a while. The game seems to pile it on sometimes. You'll finally find the beaver you've been looking for and get attacked by 3 cats. A pack of wolves got me in the middle of the cougar fight. No chance to switch to my semi-auto, red and dead agin.

Which three? 

I only see it for yourself.  I did have an error right after I put the awards up.  I accidently put the Red Faction Guerilla icon for Red Dead Redemption.

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:
Recon1O1 said:

Which three? 

I only see it for yourself.  I did have an error right after I put the awards up.  I accidently put the Red Faction Guerilla icon for Red Dead Redemption.

Thanks for pointing this out and PM'ing me on it Recon1O1...  This is what happened:

1) I copied the Red Faction Icon to make a Read Dead one.

2) I forgot to change the icon and link to Red Dead (But had the right text).

3) In the preliminary part of the update I copied the wrong icon and link to eNamrah's list because he was ahead.

4) When I did the update I copied the wrong icon to your's and forgot to delete eNamrah's (wrong icon)

5) So the update initially showed you and eNamrah having the Red Faction icon and link with Red Dead popup text.

6) I then realized the icon was wrong looking at yours and quickly fixed it.

7) But I forgot to delete eNamrah's still.

8) I just deleted eNamrah's icon and his is now fixed.

Hopefully everything is accurate now...

NeoRatt: I msgd. about what I saw earlier. I now have a Red Dead Icon and print. Namrah has the Red Faction Logo I had earlier but his still shows Red Dead in print when you do the hover.  I incorrectly thought erikers Red Faction was another duplicate.  Berstuck's Wake plat worked perfectly and I don't see any duplicates.

Sorry to bug you with this trivia.  I promise I'll leave you alone now. Wish I could help.

Nevermind.  See above.

Recon1O1 said:

NeoRatt: I msgd. about what I saw earlier. I now have a Red Dead Icon and print. Namrah has the Red Faction Logo I had earlier but his still shows Red Dead in print when you do the hover.  I incorrectly thought erikers Red Faction was another duplicate.  Berstuck's Wake plat worked perfectly and I don't see any duplicates.

Sorry to bug you with this trivia.  I promise I'll leave you alone now. Wish I could help.

Nevermind.  See above.

Force a reload of the platinum page and eNamrah's will show up properly.

Red Dead seems really stingy with the gamerscore points. I am doing every single thing in the game. The only thing I'm not spending much time on is side games which I will come back later and do. I'm 40-45 percent through the completion and I have only 75 gamerscore...

What am I missing here? Do all the achievements start popping in the second half of the game?

Also the honor system seems broken. Things that should give me honor (buying a 200 dollar whore's freedom, saving innocents, not killing non-violent criminals but instead tying them up) these things only seem to give me honor half the time. Yet the second I accidentally kill a civilian or botch up a rescue, negative honor a plenty. Plus people keep attacking me for no reason, sometimes I save people from animal attacks and they start shooting me, if I kill them I lose honor, WTF, self defense is not honorable?

What sucks is that I got 100% in Tomb Raider Legend. Then Anniversary came out as DLC for Legend with 250gs or as a stand alone retail disc with 1000gs. I got the retail disc and lost out on having a platinum I'm not ashamed of!!