By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

yungmagic09, for me it takes 2 days to get a game. They process them very fast. New releases aren't guaranteed but I would say almost 9 out of 10 times I get it sent out on launch as long as I kept it in my queue for a little bit before the release date.

Funny thing is if you get the game on day one you pretty much get a new copy, but you can buy it from Gamefly used for about 42 dollars, so it can be cheaper than retail. Old games can be purchased, like I got Wolverine for 2 dollars and some reward coupons I built up just by being a member.

Around the Network
JPL78 said:
yungmagic09, for me it takes 2 days to get a game. They process them very fast. New releases aren't guaranteed but I would say almost 9 out of 10 times I get it sent out on launch as long as I kept it in my queue for a little bit before the release date.

Funny thing is if you get the game on day one you pretty much get a new copy, but you can buy it from Gamefly used for about 42 dollars, so it can be cheaper than retail. Old games can be purchased, like I got Wolverine for 2 dollars and some reward coupons I built up just by being a member.

Cool, sounds like something I'll have to try out.

The league is updated for this week.  Sorry about the color issue.  It seems the VGC Gods have made a change that sets all the colors of hyper-links to orange. 

VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League
GS Career TA Career League Career TA Leaderboard
GS Season TA Season League Season MGC Leaderboard
GS Weekly TA Weekly League Weekly League Rules
Active Tournaments 2009 Hall of Fame Platinum  Game Awards  
Potential Tournaments Past Hall of Fame Platinum Games  

I'm torn on getting the rest of the achievements in Splinter Cell. I know eNamrah has offered to help me but just personally I find the co-op outside of the story co-op rather lacking.

Plus I rented NIER and I am really surprised. Probably the first square game that hasn't let me down in the last decade and doesn't have "Kingdom Hearts" in the name. It feels like the perfect mixture of eastern and western influence. Combat is a lot of fun, focus is on your main character and there are tons of side quests and jobs and things. It does a neat camera shift thing to force some environments into 2D like the house interiors. Sometimes it goes top down like a dungen crawler. Very open feel, very cool for a JRPG. I feel like I could go straight questing or farm for mutton by killing sheep. It doesn't feel like anything is being forced.

Oh and if this doesn't say not your typical JRPG I don't know what is. When I first played I only had about a half an hour to play. Knowing Square I expected 30 minutes of tutorials and long winded cinema scenes. Instead the game jumped straight into a massive brawl in which a bad ass leveled up version of my character got to kick all kind of ass. Afterwards of course I was gimped back to level one, but it was cool because now I know some of the powers to expect.

In typical JRPG fashion voice acting is not that great. Graphics are not groundbreaking either. That would be my only two complaints so far, but the graphics thing is not much of an issue it looks okay to me.

@JPL: The offer still stands. You would get an additional 260gs by completing the Hunter, Last Stand and Face-Off achievements. In the process, you might even unlock enough points from challenges to get the weapons expert achievement as well. I'll be online around 4 to 5 EST tonight and much of tomorrow if you want to knock'em out.

Around the Network

eNamrah, alright I'll look for you on there. Definitely want to get it done in time to send it back for a chance at getting Lost Planet 2 on launch day. I have a lot of the challenges already from just playing the game.

JPL78 said:
I'm torn on getting the rest of the achievements in Splinter Cell. I know eNamrah has offered to help me but just personally I find the co-op outside of the story co-op rather lacking.

Plus I rented NIER and I am really surprised. Probably the first square game that hasn't let me down in the last decade and doesn't have "Kingdom Hearts" in the name. It feels like the perfect mixture of eastern and western influence. Combat is a lot of fun, focus is on your main character and there are tons of side quests and jobs and things. It does a neat camera shift thing to force some environments into 2D like the house interiors. Sometimes it goes top down like a dungen crawler. Very open feel, very cool for a JRPG. I feel like I could go straight questing or farm for mutton by killing sheep. It doesn't feel like anything is being forced.

Oh and if this doesn't say not your typical JRPG I don't know what is. When I first played I only had about a half an hour to play. Knowing Square I expected 30 minutes of tutorials and long winded cinema scenes. Instead the game jumped straight into a massive brawl in which a bad ass leveled up version of my character got to kick all kind of ass. Afterwards of course I was gimped back to level one, but it was cool because now I know some of the powers to expect.

In typical JRPG fashion voice acting is not that great. Graphics are not groundbreaking either. That would be my only two complaints so far, but the graphics thing is not much of an issue it looks okay to me.

I started Nier off late last night as well.  Really enjoyed it.  I spent 15 mins. killing sheep after my character got gimped down...  Going for the Kill 100 Sheep achievement!

Getting the L4D2 Plat againw ill be fun, not in a hurry with SC:C, gonna enjoy myself with that one!!

Edit - I'm getting Alan Wake next wee, I'm not gonna be penalised for getting it early am I?

Seece said:

Getting the L4D2 Plat againw ill be fun, not in a hurry with SC:C, gonna enjoy myself with that one!!

Edit - I'm getting Alan Wake next wee, I'm not gonna be penalised for getting it early am I?

Others have gotten games early.  I don't pay attention to it...  All the power to you Dynosaw...

Achievements incoming!

I finally bought Mass Effect 2 and Borderlands, plus I just downloaded the L4D2 DLC.