By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

Ditto, Pitfall and Super Breakout will be great.

Nightstalker and Megamania I am not familiar with in the least bit.

I think Afterburner comes out this week in the XBLA.

I wish Harmonix would get off their asses and give us The White Album or Let it Be for The Beatles Rockband. They seem to have given up on adding any more songs.

Around the Network

Oh....my.....God.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is a reality. Check IGN for a trailer. Seems that it will be 3D graphics. I have mixed feelings about that.

Now, we need Frank from Dead Rising and Arthur from the Ghosts and Goblins series.

JPL78 said:
Oh....my.....God.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is a reality. Check IGN for a trailer. Seems that it will be 3D graphics. I have mixed feelings about that.

Now, we need Frank from Dead Rising and Arthur from the Ghosts and Goblins series.

Speaking of which, which fighters do you guys like the best?

I thought about getting SoulCalibur IV a long time ago, but now there's a new Street Fighter and BlazBlue coming out this year, and I really don't know what's different about each one.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
JPL78 said:
Oh....my.....God.

I thought about getting SoulCalibur IV a long time ago, but now there's a new Street Fighter and BlazBlue coming out this year, and I really don't know what's different about each one.

Soul Calibur IV is 3D, tight controls, and more for the hard core fighting fan...  (Has some Star Wars characters to spice it up and the challenge areas are neat).  Excellent online.

Street Fighter IV is 2D for the hardest core fighting fans.  Tight controls and a fairly high difficulty to perfect.  Excellent online.

BlazBlue Clamity is 2D much the same as Street Fighter IV but the SF IV has better story concepts. Excellent online.

Battle Fantasia is 2D much the same as BlazBlue and SF IV but the sound is entirely japanese with subtitles only.  Has online.

Super Street Fighter IV is 2D more of SF IV

King of Fighters XII is 2D.  Not as good as SF IV and BlazBlue.  Online stunk at first but they cleaned it up with an update later.  Still has issues though.

The Narutos, and Dragonball Z are a combination of platforming and 3D fighting.  No online.

Dead or Alive 4 is essentially a 3D fighting game.  More primitive graphics, and is known for insane difficulty centered to the hardest of hard core fighting fans.  No online.

Mortal Combat vs. DC Universe is 3D.  Like SF IV.  Not sure about online quality.

Virtua Fighter 5 is 3D.  First online fighter this gen.  Has a career concept for the story.

Def Jam Icon is 3D.  Has online, and the game is based on timing your fighting moves to music rythms.

As you can see it really depends what you want in a fighting game....  Each has advantages and disadvantages based on your preference.

NeoRatt said:
themanwithnoname said:
JPL78 said:
Oh....my.....God.

Soul Calibur IV is 3D, tight controls, and more for the hard core fighting fan...  (Has some Star Wars characters to spice it up and the challenge areas are neat).  Excellent online.

Street Fighter IV is 2D for the hardest core fighting fans.  Tight controls and a fairly high difficulty to perfect.  Excellent online.

BlazBlue Clamity is 2D much the same as Street Fighter IV but the SF IV has better story concepts. Excellent online.

Battle Fantasia is 2D much the same as BlazBlue and SF IV but the sound is entirely japanese with subtitles only.  Has online.

Super Street Fighter IV is 2D more of SF IV

King of Fighters XII is 2D.  Not as good as SF IV and BlazBlue.  Online stunk at first but they cleaned it up with an update later.  Still has issues though.

The Narutos, and Dragonball Z are a combination of platforming and 3D fighting.  No online.

Dead or Alive 4 is essentially a 3D fighting game.  More primitive graphics, and is known for insane difficulty centered to the hardest of hard core fighting fans.  No online.

Mortal Combat vs. DC Universe is 3D.  Like SF IV.  Not sure about online quality.

Virtua Fighter 5 is 3D.  First online fighter this gen.  Has a career concept for the story.

Def Jam Icon is 3D.  Has online, and the game is based on timing your fighting moves to music rythms.

As you can see it really depends what you want in a fighting game....  Each has advantages and disadvantages based on your preference.

I'm pretty sure Dead or Alive 4  and Dragon Ball Z have online, althought I haven't played DOA4 in a long time.

Also I think I read some where that they are taking the servers down for Def Jam Icon.

Around the Network

The league is up-to-date for this week.

VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League
GS Career TA Career League Career TA Leaderboard
GS Season TA Season League Season MGC Leaderboard
GS Weekly TA Weekly League Weekly League Rules
Active Tournaments 2009 Hall of Fame Platinum  Game Awards  
Potential Tournaments Past Hall of Fame Platinum Games  

I joined City of Heroes for at least a free month. I don't know how that will effect my performance in the league for the time being.

Its just a shame Microsoft doesn't see any reason what so ever that a 360 player might want to play an MMO. They've only promised us a good half dozen only to cancel them all. And I really can't do the Final Fantasy online thing again.

If we could have had Champions right about now I would much rather be playing it. But I guess that's Atari's fault not Microsofts.

I guess the 360 just couldn't handle something like Kotor 3 online. Not in HD that's for sure. It is such an obvious next step and would push sw sales, live gold membeships (plus user fees) and some hw as well. There must be major hw, network and server costs involved. Still, surrendering the MMO market to pc doesn't seem like M$'s usual thinking. Maybe next gen.

I am OK with paying for an online gaming service where you can play tons of games (aka Live)...

I am not OK with paying monthly for a single game (aka MMO)... It forces you to play a single game and I don't feel such a tie is good for the industry as a whole.

I understand everyone has their own preferences though.

Yeah Neo, I've never thought of it from that angle. But seriously, there is a reason why millions and millions of gamers have no problem what so ever playing 15 dollars a month to play an MMO.

To me when I played World of Warcraft my concern wasn't, I'm not playing enough games, my concern was I can't play WoW enough. It was just so cool. To me as a gamer there is some major appeal in a game populated almost completely by other players. No lobbies, no limited parties just a world full of heroes. And I love how most MMO's allow you to solo if you wish. Even if I'm not grouping with other players I never stop loving the living breathing feeling of the world around me.

Recon, I would understand if the Xbox couldn't handle KOTOR 3, but there have been multiple MMOs since the 360 launch that wouldn't have taxed the system to that point and those games were all canceled. I think more because their P.C. counterparts underperformed and were deemed unnecessary on the console. But I still think by opening up the MMO market to consoles more you grow that genre in terms of fans. If you make them action MMO's like APB you grow the genre even more. But the thought that MMOs should be only on PCs is stupid to me when the 360 is BY FAR a better system for online communication, voice, video, you name it. Lends perfectly to an MMO. The 360 controller is more than advanced enough to handle plenty of macros... I just don't see the problem and I think Microsoft has completely dropped the ball.

Increasing the MMO market on console helps everyone involved. And on such an online embedded console as the 360 I'm surprised at their actions. If they think people won't pay for Live and an MMO at the same time, well I'm doing that right now.