By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

eNamrah, definitely, I've been waiting. I have it on gamefly, so I'm pretty much just keeping it until I've done the co-op thing.

I planned on buying it but I've changed my mind. Its just a let down to me as a traditional Splinter Cell fan. Conviction is just barely almost like Splinter Cell, but no where near as good as the first three games, which I still highly recommend you rent or play before you make a decision on Splinter Cell as a series.

Graham, arcades must have been extinct by the time those tables came out. I would love to play a Simpsons pinball. Actually some of my favorites I've never seen in real life, but on a computer compilation and that was the Fox Sci-Fi pinball, which had Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Predator, Aliens and The Fly. Good stuff, solid tables... Now I want to dig out that disk and see if it works with XP.

Around the Network
JPL78 said:
Graham, then I would recommed the Hall of Fame game to you definately. Maybe it wont piss you off like it did me. There are some really fun tables when you aren't being robbed.

I actually never cared much for pinball back in the day, seemed second rate to the other arcade machines. At some point though I realized how much fun it can be.

Also, FX pinball for the XBLA is pretty cool with a few extra tables you can download. Like the more modern machines it at least gives you a free kick back on either side gutter. Which is a devlopment, I guess, that came about when people realized how skeezy and cheap it is without them.

I think Pinball FX is better then the Hall of Fame...

The tables are much more modern...  But, just so you know, many of the Hall of Fame machines allow you to block the gutters too.  They just require a lot more precision shooting to make it happen.  But, there are a few tables that really annoyed me...  PinBot and Gorgar were top of the list.  I really enjoyed Funhouse, Space Shuttle, and Medival Madness...

I wish Crave would put out more machines through DLC...  Williams has a lot of great machines.  And they could put out some more modern ones as well.

@eNamrah, with the amount of money I have out into pinball machines I could have bought one...  And I really considered it as we now have a retail store that sells machines.  But, I simply don't have the space.  I'm still trying to find the right place to put my 1947 (Fully working and restored) Coke Machine!

I don't know how I feel about Splinter Cell yet. I really like the story and marking and executing is fun, but I swear I feel like I'm getting headshots and apparently the game thinks I'm missing, went for a hand to hand kill and got killed by the guy (how on earth anyone beats Sam Fisher hand to hand is beyond me), and it feels like there's a ton of more enemies thrown at me. Anyway, I don't know my overall impression, but I'll probably enjoy co-op more than the campaign.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

NeoRatt said:
JPL78 said:
Graham, then I would recommed the Hall of Fame game to you definately. Maybe it wont piss you off like it did me. There are some really fun tables when you aren't being robbed.

I actually never cared much for pinball back in the day, seemed second rate to the other arcade machines. At some point though I realized how much fun it can be.

Also, FX pinball for the XBLA is pretty cool with a few extra tables you can download. Like the more modern machines it at least gives you a free kick back on either side gutter. Which is a devlopment, I guess, that came about when people realized how skeezy and cheap it is without them.

The tables are much more modern...  But, just so you know, many of the Hall of Fame machines allow you to block the gutters too.  They just require a lot more precision shooting to make it happen.  But, there are a few tables that really annoyed me...  PinBot and Gorgar were top of the list.  I really enjoyed Funhouse, Space Shuttle, and Medival Madness...

I wish Crave would put out more machines through DLC...  Williams has a lot of great machines.  And they could put out some more modern ones as well.

@eNamrah, with the amount of money I have out into pinball machines I could have bought one...  And I really considered it as we now have a retail store that sells machines.  But, I simply don't have the space.  I'm still trying to find the right place to put my 1947 (Fully working and restored) Coke Machine!

I agree, Pinball FX is better. But by the time you buy all the DLC you could probably get the Hall of Fame cheaper and get more tables.  All I know is FX didn't agrivate me so much, but at the same time it has this generic "these aren't real machines" type of feel.  I think the Rocky and Bullwinkle and Street Fighter tables are the only un-generic ones.  Not that it matters, if its generic or not when it is fun and most the tables are a lot of fun.

Neo, if you want to go ahead and buy one I'll hold on to it until you get the space!

@JPL

I'll keep you in mind next time I am walking through the pinball retail store... Shipping would suck though...

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:
JPL78 said:

Pinbot and Gorgar look really disturbing...Medival Madness looks awesome, definitely would be one of my favorites. Also does your nuka cola machine dispense glass bottle cokes?! They're delicious ;(

@JPL I can't play pinball machines on pc, for some reason it just doesn't feel right, I need to smack a machine when something messed up happens and it wouldn't be healthy for my electronics @_@.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

@themanwithnoname, after finally playing co-op I can say without a doubt it is much more fun than the single player story.

@Graham, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind console or PC pinball because I've spent more time playing those than real machines... but like I said earlier, arcades just died out here a long time ago. I wouldn't even know where to go to play a real table now days.

@Neo, shipping would suck, I didn't even think about that! Ah well, truthfully I don't have room either. Just another advantage of console pinball in my mind, lots of tables, one small disk.

Grahamhsu said:
NeoRatt said:
JPL78 said:

Pinbot and Gorgar look really disturbing...Medival Madness looks awesome, definitely would be one of my favorites. Also does your nuka cola machine dispense glass bottle cokes?! They're delicious ;(

@JPL I can't play pinball machines on pc, for some reason it just doesn't feel right, I need to smack a machine when something messed up happens and it wouldn't be healthy for my electronics @_@.

Glass bottles...  I don't think they did cans in those days.

JPL78 said:

@themanwithnoname, after finally playing co-op I can say without a doubt it is much more fun than the single player story.

@Graham, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind console or PC pinball because I've spent more time playing those than real machines... but like I said earlier, arcades just died out here a long time ago. I wouldn't even know where to go to play a real table now days.

@Neo, shipping would suck, I didn't even think about that! Ah well, truthfully I don't have room either. Just another advantage of console pinball in my mind, lots of tables, one small disk.

I enjoy both console and real pinball... 

To me it is like Indy and Nascar...  I would love to own and Indy and Nascar...  Playing Indy and Nascar games is as close as I will probably get unless I gather the courage to pay the $10K for a day of lessons and 5 laps around a track for a once in a lifetime experience.  By the time I am willing to pay for such a one day experience, I will probably be too old to do it!

Next Week on Live arcade... Tecmo Bowl....

Game Room: Super Breakout, Pitfall, Megamania , Night Stalker , Rack ‘Em Up, Realsports Volleyball, Basketball.

I can't wait for Pitfall and Super Breakout!