By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

I hadn't touched my 360 since FF13 came out. I haven't earned a single point in weeks......so I bought TMNT for $11 yesterday. I gotta make up for lost time!

Around the Network

TriMegaNitroToluene is a game now? Careful in there! Yikes, at that post count. Sorry, I'll lighten up on the unhumour.

Wonder if that was what Jagenjg was going to comment about. Somehow not knowing is worse. I'd be ok with 'you suck at POP dude' or a simple 'stfu'. Whatever.

Turtles! Had to look it up.

Recon1O1 said:
TriMegaNitroToluene is a game now? Careful in there! Yikes, at that post count. Sorry, I'll lighten up on the unhumour.

Wonder if that was what Jagenjg was going to comment about. Somehow not knowing is worse. I'd be ok with 'you suck at POP dude' or a simple 'stfu'. Whatever.

Turtles! Had to look it up.

It sucks.  I mean it REALLY sucks.  Should be an easy 1000gs, though.  Turtle Power!

In the category of "felt good for two seconds but then I regretted it" I just crushed the disk for Call of Duty: World at War and threw the broken disk and game case away.

Well, all I can say, at least unlike last time I didn't take my wireless controller out.

JPL78 said:
In the category of "felt good for two seconds but then I regretted it" I just crushed the disk for Call of Duty: World at War and threw the broken disk and game case away.

Well, all I can say, at least unlike last time I didn't take my wireless controller out.

Is the game that bad?  heh, never broken a game disc before.  Music cds on the other hand...

Around the Network

No its not bad, its just as with all Call of Duty games Veteran difficulty level seems to equal dying over and over and over. If you do get past one part, proceeding to die and die and die over again in the next part.

I don't know, I'm not one to complain about game difficulty. That's why I pick harder levels because I like a challenge. But when the A.I. can insta-kill you the nanosecond you break the sightline, its just not fair. I was dying way too much, without even seeing the enemy killing me. As long as he could see half a inch of my body sticking out in cover he instantly gets a dead accurate shot in a quicker amount of time than even the best FPS player alive can even begin to aim back.

And just like Modern Warfare, the part that got me was a stupid bottle neck like the Silos near the end of MW. Peep around corner, die. Lob a zillion grenades around corner then peep around corner, die. Stay where you are, die. Run rambo style and try to get through, die. Throw a smoke grenade to cover your advance, die in smoke.

It just got to me. I play games to relax, not get postal worker level mad. Some game developers don't seem to understand the fine line between fun and frustrating.

eNamrah said:
JPL78 said:

Is the game that bad?  heh, never broken a game disc before.  Music cds on the other hand...

I can't speak for JPL78 but, I don't think the game is that bad (It is probably the best TreyArch game to date)...  I would think that it is more the game can be very frustrating...  I've wanted to put my controller through the wall a few times playing that one.

NeoRatt said:
eNamrah said:
JPL78 said:

I can't speak for JPL78 but, I don't think the game is that bad (It is probably the best TreyArch game to date)...  I would think that it is more the game can be very frustrating...  I've wanted to put my controller through the wall a few times playing that one.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I'm sure tons of people managed to beat it on Veteran.

Ah well, its my own damn fault for playing on Veteran, no more Veteran for me, heh. Maybe no more pushing myself in games period.  I'm getting too old for this shit.

Neo, I was at the part where you get the flamethrower and you are trying to clean out 3 encampments in this beach/jungle looking stage.  I made it all the way to the third encampment and the game just wouldn't let me pass.  I easily spent an hour doing the same 3 minutes of gameplay over and over.

JPL78 said:
No its not bad, its just as with all Call of Duty games Veteran difficulty level seems to equal dying over and over and over. If you do get past one part, proceeding to die and die and die over again in the next part.

I don't know, I'm not one to complain about game difficulty. That's why I pick harder levels because I like a challenge. But when the A.I. can insta-kill you the nanosecond you break the sightline, its just not fair. I was dying way too much, without even seeing the enemy killing me. As long as he could see half a inch of my body sticking out in cover he instantly gets a dead accurate shot in a quicker amount of time than even the best FPS player alive can even begin to aim back.

And just like Modern Warfare, the part that got me was a stupid bottle neck like the Silos near the end of MW. Peep around corner, die. Lob a zillion grenades around corner then peep around corner, die. Stay where you are, die. Run rambo style and try to get through, die. Throw a smoke grenade to cover your advance, die in smoke.

It just got to me. I play games to relax, not get postal worker level mad. Some game developers don't seem to understand the fine line between fun and frustrating.

I second your comments...  The thing about "peeping" out is a bad one, because the enemy is often "unkillable" unless you are  closer or are in a different position.  I can't remember how many times I would "peep" out zoom in and swear I had a head shot...  Only to peep out again and have the same guy kill me.

At least the Silo in CoD 2, all you had to do was learn what to look for, it was just straight up hard.  World at War, seems to be a case where TreyArch built rules into the game to force you to do things a very specific way.

JPL78 said:
NeoRatt said:
eNamrah said:
JPL78 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I'm sure tons of people managed to beat it on Veteran.

Ah well, its my own damn fault for playing on Veteran, no more Veteran for me, heh. Maybe no more pushing myself in games period.  I'm getting too old for this shit.

Neo, I was at the part where you get the flamethrower and you are trying to clean out 3 encampments in this beach/jungle looking stage.  I made it all the way to the third encampment and the game just wouldn't let me pass.  I easily spent an hour doing the same 3 minutes of gameplay over and over.

I must of died a dozen times there... If I remember right there are a bunch of guys up in the trees that you have to time perfectly in order to get them.  That one wasn't overly bad (I got through after I realized that it was a timing thing on when to look up and torch).  The ones that got me was along the river bed I must have died about 30 times....  And then storming the Reich from outside.  I just gave up.  One time I was literally a second away from the next checkpoint in storming the Reich and would have got me to a place where I could advance and died from a grenade that appeared from "nowhere".  That was the end.  I toned the level to Hardened and breezed through the last two chapters.

I have to admit I respect anyone who gets the veteran achievement for World at War...  I admit that I probably can't do it.