By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

Some of the battle animations in Final Fantasy 13 are just awful. I can understand an animation to get back up after being knocked down, but why does Vanille have another 2 second animation after she gets up? What's the point of the whole "I'm gonna wave my wand in the air because I'm happy that I just got up yay!" animation? All it does is get me killed by the mission 64 guy since it takes him less than 2 seconds to charge up another attack.

*sigh*

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Around the Network

Neo, what finally helped me in Tropico was going into sandbox mode and cutting some of the sliders down or up, accordingly, to make things a little easier while I was learning.

My main problem was going broke in like 10 minutes and getting invaded game over.

I turned mostly away from farms and instead mined minderals, oil and lumber, for whatever reason I started making a profit which eventually turned into nearly half a million dollars with me not even needing to buy anything else. Needless to say, the lowered difficulty at least gave me a chance to learn the game better.

So I went from having 10 gamerscore that morning to earning over 500 extra gamerscore half a day later. I also feel pretty confident I at least understand the game well enough to play campaign mode now.

Also two of the tricker achievements were for finish a game with your citizens having over a 70 percent quality of life and finish a game with all factions liking you more than 70.

Aside from obvious things, entertainment, hospitals, etc. etc. it was pretty easy keeping them happy. I took all of my extra money and starting raising everyones salaries like crazy. I started going broke, half a million dollars worth of spending later, luckily I had an alliance with the US so USSR wouldn't invade me. About one minute before the game ended I hit 70 percent, but note this took paying everyone a crazy amount of cash.

To please all the factions wasn't too hard but the environmentalist were against me because *gasp* I needed real power plants. However I was offered an election and a speech chance right at the end. I just praised the environmentalist and promised to improve our environment. Once again about a minute before the end of the game they liked me enough, temporarily, to get that achievement as well.

Also to get the achievement for having over 250 people but NO shacks. Just build lots of tenements and lower the rent to zero. Instant moving poor people, no more shacks.

Sorry to ramble, hope any of that helped anyone.

So how long did it take some of you to beat Mass Effect 2. I'm thinking about buying it soon.

yungmagic09 said:
So how long did it take some of you to beat Mass Effect 2. I'm thinking about buying it soon.

First playthrough on normal was a little over 30 hours.  That was with completing everything, all recruitments, loyalty missions, sidequests and mineral farming.  2nd play on insanity took over 20 hours but I skipped a few recruitments, 4 loyalty missions and many sidequests.

If you import a lvl 60 ME1 character it will save you an hour or so of mineral farming.

eNamrah said:
yungmagic09 said:

First playthrough on normal was a little over 30 hours.  That was with completing everything, all recruitments, loyalty missions, sidequests and mineral farming.  2nd play on insanity took over 20 hours but I skipped a few recruitments, 4 loyalty missions and many sidequests.

If you import a lvl 60 ME1 character it will save you an hour or so of mineral farming.

That sounds good.

Around the Network

eNamrah: I noticed you racking up some points on it. What's the expert opinion?

I'm going to score 1000 pts. less than last week. Is there such a thing as a turkey hangover? After two TRs and D-Siders I am puzzled out. Wake me May 18th. ME2 dlc Apr. 6 though.

@JPL78...  Thanksfor the insight.  Now, I have to find the time to play Tropico 3 some more...

Maybe this next weekend as there aren't any good games coming out this week.

No problem Neo, I hope it helps any.

I'm super psyched for Splinter Cell next week. It's been far too long since we had a good Sam Fisher game developed by Ubi Montreal. Still kind of wish they had kept the old play control but the new system holds promise.

Well Kasumi was short and sweet. About an hour I guess. Sort of a Bond-esque setting to start. Apparently femsheps look good in a cocktail dress. Not Lara in Tokyo good. At 560 pts I feel only slightly used. New SMG and outfit. Her voice had that breathy, Kathleen Turner thing going. I don't like Kathleen Turner. Hoped for Kelly Hu. She has Miranda's graceless gait, a fugly nose and seems kinda needy. Oh well. I'm no prize and there's a bar in her room! Time for some nos.

The league is up-to-date for this week.

VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League
GS Career TA Career League Career TA Leaderboard
GS Season TA Season League Season MGC Leaderboard
GS Weekly TA Weekly League Weekly League Rules
Active Tournaments 2009 Hall of Fame Platinum  Game Awards  
Potential Tournaments Past Hall of Fame Platinum Games