By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

JPL78 said:
It's halfway working. I was able to buy games today and post challenges and leaderboard scores but all three of those things were working, not working, working again. Their server is only half responsive but its better than nothing.

Impressive Neo. I'll be checking it out. Be sure and post some challenges, if we don't all do that we'll never get some of those achievements.

I've only got 8 games but I think they are the 8 better games of the bunch. A lot of that is such crap, I'm really hoping we get more well known, well known games... not just more Intellevision and Atari cast-a-aways.

And that's how it feels so far to me, like here are the games that aren't good enough for XBLA, enjoy!

Also, lack of game specific controls like track balls or tempest turn dials really hurts the gameplay. Crystal Castle, as much as I love the arcade game, is almost unplayable. I don't remember Red Baron but after playing it I'm guessing the cabinet had a flight stick of some sort.

I'll be sure to get some challenges out Friday...  I am just ending tonight and tomorrow night is league update night for me.

I was able to pick up the last three games.  So I have the complete library.  I found all the games nostalic as I owned most of them...  Got to get back in the hang of them though.  Right now, I just plain stunk...

They are supposed to add 7 games a week.  In Major Nelson's podcast last week the guy who started the idea at MS was talking Dreamcast possibilities and Coleco...  He also made specific mention of Pitfall, so I think there is AAA stuff to come...  Also, I seem to remember the mention of more publishers on board, so, I expect to see more stuff soon.

Around the Network

Game Room is a full tournament.

Neo, I hope we get some AAA stuff.

I'm disapointed because I found out you can't play your friends games for free. You have to use tokens, so in that regard I don't know why you would go to anyones arcade except for the showcase arcade.

Also rememeber these games are made to rape you of quarters, Tutankamen (or whatever) has got to be one of the hardest games I've ever played. It just spawns enemies specifically in a way to kill you. I can't finish the second level or last more than a couple minutes.

How's the tournament going to go Neo, people can download it for free but unless you spend a lot of money on games you wont stand a chance on the achievements. And some of the stuff, like reach lvl 50, you can't even do until they add a bunch more games.

JPL78 said:
Neo, I hope we get some AAA stuff.

I'm disapointed because I found out you can't play your friends games for free. You have to use tokens, so in that regard I don't know why you would go to anyones arcade except for the showcase arcade.

Also rememeber these games are made to rape you of quarters, Tutankamen (or whatever) has got to be one of the hardest games I've ever played. It just spawns enemies specifically in a way to kill you. I can't finish the second level or last more than a couple minutes.

How's the tournament going to go Neo, people can download it for free but unless you spend a lot of money on games you wont stand a chance on the achievements. And some of the stuff, like reach lvl 50, you can't even do until they add a bunch more games.

I'm not doing anything special for the tournament.  It is the same as any other.  I don't expect too many 1000 scores if at all.

Also, there will be 7 games a week release, so people will have opportunities...

The league is up-to-date for this week.

VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League
GS Career TA Career League Career TA Leaderboard
GS Season TA Season League Season MGC Leaderboard
GS Weekly TA Weekly League Weekly League Rules
Active Tournaments 2009 Hall of Fame Platinum  Game Awards  
Potential Tournaments Past Hall of Fame Platinum Games  

Around the Network

Gene Defect will take home the win for FF XIII. Impressive for anyone to get 1,000 GS. Everytime I saw him on Live this past 3 weeks he has been playing FF XIII.

Congratulations!

Look at NeoRatt running away with the Game Room race!

I lost interest in Final Fantasy. I feel bad about it but I haven't returned it to gamefly yet. If I don't get back into it by the end of the week I probably will but I'm working on Risen now. Final Fantasy was good and all, but after 15 hours of doing the same exact thing over and over I started to get a little bored.

I'm guessing this pretty much signals the official end of a dying love of jrpgs. Unless we are talking Kingdom Hearts (action jrpg) I'm done with them.

JPL78 said:

I lost interest in Final Fantasy. I feel bad about it but I haven't returned it to gamefly yet. If I don't get back into it by the end of the week I probably will but I'm working on Risen now. Final Fantasy was good and all, but after 15 hours of doing the same exact thing over and over I started to get a little bored.

I'm guessing this pretty much signals the official end of a dying love of jrpgs. Unless we are talking Kingdom Hearts (action jrpg) I'm done with them.

The first 20 hours of FF13 were brutal.  Yeah, the game's very polished and beautiful to look at but the forced linearity destroys all of that for me.  The lack of towns hasn't bothered me as much as I thought it would, although towns > no towns.  I will admit that once you unlock the ability to set your team and finally get to Gran Pulse the game becomes more interesting and enjoyable.  It just shouldn't take 20 hours for that to happen.

If you love Xbox, Post here please!!

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=105419&page=1#1

JPL78 said:

Game Room is a lot of fun and is really reminding me how simple and easy to pick games up was long ago...  My wife is away with the brats this  week, so I've have had and will continue to have huge opportunity to play.  And my GS is more a reflection of the ability to purchase (and play) then the actual quality of gameplay I have exhibited.  You and RONSTER316 are kicking my but in the challenges and hold most of the high scores in my arcade...

So far for me, the first three hours of Final Fantasy have been a tutorial of frustration.  Give me control of everything and I will figure it out.  Also, finding it extremely linear.  I like Lost Odyssey much more.