By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

Final Fantasy XIII is now a full tournament...

Around the Network

I'm the most outspoken person on not dumbing down RPGs or making them streamlined action games but I'm amazed how much those things helped FFXIII. Its so fast paced while still advancing the story through constant in game dialog. Telling a deep rich story without doing it in 45 minute cut scenes. Integrating the shops like Dead Space into your save terminal.

And while I like reading I don't tend to like reading little 16 bit looking text dialogs and there is not one text conversation word in it unless you use subtitles which you absolutely don't need. It feels much more movie like than ever before throughout the game and fights.

No bad loading of any kind.

Just wow, it all works perfectly for a Final Fantasy game. I can't wait till the linear nature opens up later on in the game.

I'm getting FF13 either today or tomorrow. If I get the 360 version, it'll be solely because of THIS thread.

d21lewis, all I'm hearing is the PS3 version is a higher resolution.

That doesn't mean so much to me but it might matter to you.

I'm sure the PS3 fanboys are screaming in delight "SEE!! It's superior!!" but IMO just getting Final Fantasy on 360 is historical. I wish I had the HD space to install but otherwise no gripes, tiny load times anyway.

Speaking of PS3.... has grahamshu gone to the darkside permanently now?

The league is up-to-date for this week...

VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League
GS Career TA Career League Career TA Leaderboard
GS Season TA Season League Season MGC Leaderboard
GS Weekly TA Weekly League Weekly League Rules
Active Tournaments 2009 Hall of Fame Platinum  Game Awards  
Potential Tournaments Past Hall of Fame Platinum Games  

Around the Network

Thanks NR. FF should be interesting to watch. Chance of a partial on DA:A? Were those numbers on completion percentages a shock to anyone else? 2% of gamers complete all achievements??

Recon1O1 said:
Thanks NR. FF should be interesting to watch. Chance of a partial on DA:A? Were those numbers on completion percentages a shock to anyone else? 2% of gamers complete all achievements??

Since DA:A is an expansion its achievements are part of Dragon Age Origins.  There will not be a tournament but people will get opportunities to get league points by upping the platinum gamerscore each week.  Unfortunately, it is too much effort to identify expansions and have their own tournaments.

Just bought a used copy of Wolverine Origins from gamefly for 2 dollars, lol.

Why aren't more people getting Battlefield? Online it is completely superior to Modern Warfare 2 in every way, in my opinion at least.

NeoRatt: I get you, should have read up. So if I bought Anniversary as a dlc expansion only playable with Legend in the drive, I don't lose the Plat. award but you don't get another one when you finish, same with DA. DA: A is a separate disc. but only gives 250 pts. and is an obvious exp. pack. That's fair. No worries.

I can heartily unrecommend TR:A for anyone after easy ach. pts. I have almost lost my mind.

DA:A seems like more of the same IP. Glad I didn't do Hardcore right off. The volume of enemies is way ramped up and I'm not in the mood to get my clock cleaned. I took a lvl 16 through from Origins so I'm not sure I'll manage the lvl 30 'Grey' ach. 24 and counting. It's built for end game chars. at 20 plus. Having NPCs I hadn't met in Origins act like pals is a design flaw but they have to impose some defaults.

Like TR this is a big exp. for 250 gs. One review joker said 10-15 hrs. I'll hit 30+. Some decent environments, characters (Justice), weapons and enemies but it has some of those 'rule the realm' headaches I expect from Fable 3. Crafting and new Specs. like Battlemage are cool but the total number of options now feels like overkill. A purist might eat it up.

Recon1O1 said:
NeoRatt: I get you, should have read up. So if I bought Anniversary as a dlc expansion only playable with Legend in the drive, I don't lose the Plat. award but you don't get another one when you finish, same with DA. DA: A is a separate disc. but only gives 250 pts. and is an obvious exp. pack. That's fair. No worries.

I can heartily unrecommend TR:A for anyone after easy ach. pts. I have almost lost my mind.

DA:A seems like more of the same IP. Glad I didn't do Hardcore right off. The volume of enemies is way ramped up and I'm not in the mood to get my clock cleaned. I took a lvl 16 through from Origins so I'm not sure I'll manage the lvl 30 'Grey' ach. 24 and counting. It's built for end game chars. at 20 plus. Having NPCs I hadn't met in Origins act like pals is a design flaw but they have to impose some defaults.

Like TR this is a big exp. for 250 gs. One review joker said 10-15 hrs. I'll hit 30+. Some decent environments, characters (Justice), weapons and enemies but it has some of those 'rule the realm' headaches I expect from Fable 3. Crafting and new Specs. like Battlemage are cool but the total number of options now feels like overkill. A purist might eat it up.

You will get the platinum points for TR Legend again.  Last time you tied everyone else at 1000 deserving the points.  With the Anniversary achievements you are "stealing" the platinum award away from several gamers which makes you deserving of the points again.

Look at it as "The first time you tie someone at the platinum mark you get platinum points, and everytime you steal the platinum away from one or more gamers you get the points".

I am still working on expressing the rules for platinum points fully and watching to see if people abuse it because there is potential for that to happen, but so far it has been working good.  The nice thing is that we are now seeing people inadvertently get league points for DLC which was always a difficult thing I was trying to figure out (but never intended on fixing through this).