By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

erikers said:
NeoRatt said:
I picked up Dark Void thinking... Capcom hasn't made an extremely bad game this generation...

It lasted 2 minutes in my console before I thought... Capcom made an extremely bad game this generation...

You gotta use the reviews to your advantage man.  Should've gone with Darksiders out of the 2 dark games. 

By the way, thank god these other categories have been added into the league for points.  The league isn't completely favoring the people who buy every new game that comes out and plays them all month.  I don't think I've been in one game race the whole season except now that I just bought Mass Effect 2 and I'm still 1 point out of first which I had no idea I was even close to.  Fun again to see that my style of playing now fits in with the league better.

I have Darksiders already.  I thought...  Gee its Capcom, it can't be that bad....  Well... Dark Void is a Dark game for Capcom's track record and Void of any value.

I was trying to bring more balance in with the new rules and it seems to be working...  Ronster is still dominant and that will start to show with the first tournaments ending this week.  But, at the same time, people that don't have all the games and focus on completion and toughest achievements will do very well in the league as well.

Around the Network
erikers said:
That does make me wonder though if there's a plan in place in the chance something happens where 2 people keep "passing" each other for a platinum game and were to keep getting points each week for it. Mainly it would only be an issue for a newer game but I'm just wondering if there's any rule in place like you can only get platinum points for each game once even if you lose it then regain it or something like that.

At this point I am going to leave it as everytime "you take a platinum from someone or tie them".  I am monitoring it, and if it looks like people are manipulating it I will change it.  That is why platinums are 3 points and not 5 or 10 though (I thought there might be a certain amount of win and re-win, but to me that is all good as long as it is not to manipulate the league).  

The other thing this does is that it gives league points for DLC (indirectly)...  Like last year when you were talking about a tournament for GTA DLC, people were getting points for the DLC upping the GTA platinum level and they would have got league points (essentially because of the DLC).

Anyhow, these new rules were specifically to add more balance and encourage people to particpate from more than just racking up gamerscore.  They were derived from feedback from people like yourself and Dynosaw last year. 

You will also notice the TA leaderboard is growing.  I am individually trying to get people to get on TA.  Please try and encourage other league members that may be friends to do the same. 

jagenjg said:
Well I didn't think I would ever do it again, but now that I am employed after 6 months of being laid off and out of work. I finally reactivated my GameFly account. I think I need to try this whole selling games back thing. Some games like GTA 4 I never picked up again once I beat it.

I know some of you guys use GF. Has anyone ever tried the selling feature? If so did it work smoothly?

I would recommend you to sell your stuff back somewhere else. Use cheapassgamer.com look for a good deal from Gamestop/other used game store. Personally I always wait until gamestop does the tiered trade system, trade in like 6 games get 40 percent more for the trade in, add in a edge card now it's 50%. If your game is worth 30 bucks now you get 45 for it, a good deal even if you picked it up for 50-60 new. Or in my case what I do is I purchase when Amazon does a lightning deal for like 10-20 dollars less, and beat it, and than trade it. My Edge card was at 400 a couple months ago until I bought my PS3 recently =P

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Grahamhsu said:
jagenjg said:
Well I didn't think I would ever do it again, but now that I am employed after 6 months of being laid off and out of work. I finally reactivated my GameFly account. I think I need to try this whole selling games back thing. Some games like GTA 4 I never picked up again once I beat it.

I know some of you guys use GF. Has anyone ever tried the selling feature? If so did it work smoothly?

I would recommend you to sell your stuff back somewhere else. Use cheapassgamer.com look for a good deal from Gamestop/other used game store. Personally I always wait until gamestop does the tiered trade system, trade in like 6 games get 40 percent more for the trade in, add in a edge card now it's 50%. If your game is worth 30 bucks now you get 45 for it, a good deal even if you picked it up for 50-60 new. Or in my case what I do is I purchase when Amazon does a lightning deal for like 10-20 dollars less, and beat it, and than trade it. My Edge card was at 400 a couple months ago until I bought my PS3 recently =P

I haven't tried the trade back feature yet.  The FYE I was using 30 miles away closed and on the same day I noticed they had opened up a gamestop across the street.  Since I'm an edge member that's a better deal.  And you really can rack up some serious extra credit on their constantly occuring specials.

It's not uncommon to go in with 2 or 3 relevant games and a few crapier titles and end up scoring 140 dollars in credit.

But I don't know if you realize or not, one plus with Gamefly is that you do get a bonus program that pays you gamefly cash for every so many months of your membership.  It builds up the longer you stay where you get paid more.  I earned 5 dollars within 3 months.  I think you can actually get it to 5 dollars a month.

edit: nevermind you can't get the 5 bucks but every 3 months.  You do get %5 off used games after 6 months and %10 after a year.  That would add up.  Right now I could get Mass Effect 2, used (only by me) for 46 dollars. I just wonder if they ship the codes with the manual and boxes or if the gamefly employees are stealing downloads.

Divinity 2 is actually pretty good.

I mean its no Bethesda game by far, and its a little floaty but otherwise a solid 7.5 or 8 if you like these types of games.

But solo type MMO gameplay, check.
Massive skill tree that allows you to make any kind of character you wish, check.
Side quests and exploration a plenty, check.
Loot whores satisfied, check.

Only thing is that according to the internet it is a very hard game so not for people who like walking right through every game. Also there are no big yellow arrows point your way and the map is massive. I kind of like that though, promotes that you really learn the land yourself.

I'm going standard mage, not always the best choice for solo RPGs, but I should be okay if I focus my skills and level up as much as possible.

Also, unlike Oblivion the enemies DO NOT level with you. So you really have to be careful because you can easily walk into an un-winable situation.

Around the Network

And also they dropped the price already to 40. I got it used with an edge card for 31.

The league is up-to-date for this week.

VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League
GS Career TA Career League Career TA Leaderboard
GS Season TA Season League Season MGC Leaderboard
GS Weekly TA Weekly League Weekly League Rules
Active Tournaments 2009 Hall of Fame Platinum  Game Awards  
Potential Tournaments Past Hall of Fame Platinum Games  

Just finished Mass Effect 2 on Insanity! First in the league to 1015/1015!

eNamrah said:
Just finished Mass Effect 2 on Insanity! First in the league to 1015/1015!

Congrats.  I was going to make a comment that someone needed to break the log jam at the top of the tournament.  Fitting that a big RPG fan does it.

awesome eNamrah, congrats!

I still have to say it seems a bit disappointing that ME2 can, more or less, be maxed out gamerscore wise in one play through and less than one week. The first game would take a month minimum to max out and several play throughs.

I also can't say I was a fan of the whole lets dumb the RPG part down. But don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the game. But technical improvements aside I think I still prefer the first game as an RPG.