By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

eNamrah said:
Seece said:
If neo had updated it on time I would have come first

heh, I'd been attempting the parish finale on expert with bots for a week but with no luck.  Beat it on my 2nd attempt yesterday morning.  Also 'A spittle help from my friends' had been evading me in public versus.  Most people don't coordinate or the smoker gets killed before the spit lands.  No more than 5 minutes after I beat the parish finale, I joined a versus match and spawned as a spitter right away, located the smoker and spit. bleep-bloop achievement unlocked.

Well congratz anyway

I got a Spittle help from my friends but it didn't pop up

OT - BURNOUT REVENGE! 100%! yay!

Around the Network

Seece, I feel your pain. Last year I was winning Left 4 Dead but the update was delayed 3 or 4 hours and I lost first place due to that.

I haven't done crap in the Left 4 Dead 2 race, but I'm having fun.

Modern Warfare 2 is just... wow... love it all. Online shooters should all have XP points and earnable upgrades.

Seece said:

The update was right on normal schedule...

FYI.

I start at 6:00 PM Mountain Standard Time typically.  Mountain Standard Time is GMT -07:00 (1:00 AM at GMT friday morning).  During the first 2 hours it is updating the Platinum Awards because I feel they are least time dependent.

Then, about a 1/2 an hour where I have a late meal...  Typically, hot dogs or pizza with a fresh (almost frozen) coke...  Putting me at 8:30 Mountain standard time at the end.

Then, an hour to update tournaments, potential tournaments, and hall of fame.  Closing tournaments takes a while because I look at individual XBox.com scores...

The last hour and a half I draw the individual gamerscores and true achievements.  This has me typically ending somewhere between 11:15 and 11:30 Mountain Standard Time or 6:30 am GMT.  Last night it impressively ended at 11:26.

So going forward, you can typically count on tournaments ending at about 3:30 - 4:30 am on Friday morning Greenwich Mean Time...

Also, when I don't do the update at the regular time, I still get the numbers pulled at the times consistent with the above.

Every thursday morning I check and the leauge is updated, I checked thursday morning this week and it wasn't updated, I was also ahead. That's all I know

Seece said:
Every thursday morning I check and the leauge is updated, I checked thursday morning this week and it wasn't updated, I was also ahead. That's all I know

If you go back through the thread when I have said the league is up-to-date, it is within only a couple minutes after completing the last updates...  The time stamps are typically Thursday late-evening in North America.

Outside of weeks where I said there was an exception, the league is always updated Thursday night in North America and therefore Friday morning to Europe.

Has anyone else ever noticed the league updating Thursday morning?

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:
Seece said:

If you go back through the thread when I have said the league is up-to-date, it is within only a couple minutes after completing the last updates...  The time stamps are typically Thursday late-evening in North America.

Outside of weeks where I said there was an exception, the league is always updated Thursday night in North America and therefore Friday morning to Europe.

Well if you say they update friday then I believe you, dunno why I have it in my head it updates thursday though ...

Seece said:
NeoRatt said:
Seece said:

Well if you say they update friday then I believe you, dunno why I have it in my head it updates thursday though ...

Just go and look at my update posts in the thread... The earliest an update can appear to someone would be 6:30 pm Wednesday on the Western International Dateline...  (Just west of the Samoa islands in the Pacific ocean).

Typically, I would say lay off the drugs if the updates appear on Thursday morning...

JPL78 said:
Modern Warfare 2 is just... wow... love it all. Online shooters should all have XP points and earnable upgrades.

Have you tried the spec-ops yet?  Perhaps we could play some this weekend.  Maybe some l4d2 versus as well.

NeoRatt said:
Seece said:

FYI.

I start at 6:00 PM Mountain Standard Time typically.  Mountain Standard Time is GMT -07:00 (1:00 AM at GMT friday morning).  During the first 2 hours it is updating the Platinum Awards because I feel they are least time dependent.

Then, about a 1/2 an hour where I have a late meal...  Typically, hot dogs or pizza with a fresh (almost frozen) coke...  Putting me at 8:30 Mountain standard time at the end.

Then, an hour to update tournaments, potential tournaments, and hall of fame.  Closing tournaments takes a while because I look at individual XBox.com scores...

The last hour and a half I draw the individual gamerscores and true achievements.  This has me typically ending somewhere between 11:15 and 11:30 Mountain Standard Time or 6:30 am GMT.  Last night it impressively ended at 11:26.

So going forward, you can typically count on tournaments ending at about 3:30 - 4:30 am on Friday morning Greenwich Mean Time...

Also, when I don't do the update at the regular time, I still get the numbers pulled at the times consistent with the above.

This is all silly anyway.  You had listed the 17th as the final day of the tournament.  I unlocked my last 2 achievements around 6am EST on the morning of the 17th.  They're time stamped as the 17th.  The league's MGC L4D2 board updated about an hour after I unlocked them.  It's not as if they were unlocked at the last moment, shortly before the update.

eNamrah said:
NeoRatt said:
Seece said:

FYI.

This is all silly anyway.  You had listed the 17th as the final day of the tournament.  I unlocked my last 2 achievements around 6am EST on the morning of the 17th.  They're time stamped as the 17th.  The league's MGC L4D2 board updated about an hour after I unlocked them.  It's not as if they were unlocked at the last moment, shortly before the update.

The numbers stand... 

I don't know of any updates early Thursday morning since I have taken over the league.  My schedule is consistent and has been the same (unless I post otherwise) every week...  I clearly state in the rules (and this has been there since I took over) that the numbers will get pulled some time after 9 PM Mountain Standard Time (GMT -07:00) every Thursday.

Please keep yourself aware of the time and translate it to your time zone.  Achievements after 9 pm Thursday Mountain Standard Time (GMT -07:00) will not make it to the update probably.  Anything goes before then.