By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

erikers said:
GTA episode should get a race. It's basically an expansion which makes it it's own full game. I know it's not possible for any platinum games but still should be a race to me.

I agree but since the achievements unlock under GTAIV, it's more difficult for NeoRatt to track.

Around the Network

I'm still not getting how an expansion basically equals a whole game... when did this start to happen?

But I could almost see the Liberty City Stories disk as almost a full game because it's two expansions.

eNamrah said:
erikers said:
GTA episode should get a race. It's basically an expansion which makes it it's own full game. I know it's not possible for any platinum games but still should be a race to me.

I agree but since the achievements unlock under GTAIV, it's more difficult for NeoRatt to track.

eNamrah hit the nail on the head...

I would have to go take a baseline of current GTA IV achievement numbers today, and then go into everyone's XBox.com profile for GTA IV achievement changes each week, and identify and total the ballad achievements manually.  This would add too many hours to the updates.  Probably 2-3 more hours.

I have been working on some tricks that will make this possible, but as of today I am not willing to spend the extra time...

JPL78 said:
I'm still not getting how an expansion basically equals a whole game... when did this start to happen?

But I could almost see the Liberty City Stories disk as almost a full game because it's two expansions.

With the amount of stuff in GTA that you can do the expansions can be considered full games.  I definately have seen full games ship for $20 that are far worse then the GTA IV expansions.

JPL78 said:

Since the mid 90's when FPS's and RTS's regularly started getting stand alone full game expansions.  These "episodes" aren't Fallout DLC that get's put into an existing game, they are new stand alone campaigns with new multiplayer options on top.  The only difference between these and C&C 3 Kanes Wrath or Halo 3: ODST is the amount of achievement points they have.  If Ballad of Gay Tony is the same as The Lost and Damned it'll have another 12 hour+ campaign with all the multiplayer options or roughly around twice as much content as Halo 3: ODST.  The only problem is it only has a few achievements for it that cuts down the extended playtime for it for a lot of people.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Around the Network

The league is up-to-date for this week!

VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League
Gamerscore Rank True Achievement Rank League Rank MyGamerCard Leaderboard
  True Achievements Leaderboard League Rules  
Active Tournaments Platinum  Game Awards Current Hall of Fame Chartz
Potential Tournaments Platinum Games Past Hall of Fame Achievers of the Week

Damn you Captain Square and your 1,000 points in Borderlands!!!

Hehe.

@erikers and Neo, I see what both of you mean, I was thinking of stuff more like Shivering Isles.

In preparation for the 2010 season starting in January these are my proposed rule changes for the new season...

1) Tournaments with 5 owners need to get those five owners one week before the tournament closes and all five owners have to have at least one achievement in the game.

2) 6,5,4,3,2,1 league points will be award to the people who get the highest TA over gamerscore % for the week. As long as the gamerscore was at least 100 points for the week. Please sign up for TrueAchievements and let me know that you have done so.

3) Every new platinum gives you 3 league points.

4) At the end of this season I will remove any gamers that did not get any gamerscore from the start of the season 2009 to the end of the 2009 season.

5) Only games with 20 owners will continue to be platinum at the start of the new season...

Please provide feedback...

That is it Ronster. We both knew this day would come. Maybe I should get a nasty disease just to skip work and play (20k difference). Lets head for the garden of madness.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:

That is it Ronster. We both knew this day would come. Maybe I should get a nasty disease just to skip work and play (20k difference). Lets head for the garden of madness.

It won't be the first time that you and i have been to the garden of madness lol.

I crossed 100k nearly 3 weeks ago now but have slowed down badly due to the sheer amount of nightshifts that i have done lately, oh well, at least i have 9 days off in December.