By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

erikers said:
Just got Guitar Hero 5 off amazon for $27. Greatest site ever

That's a sweet deal but if you had bought it four days ago you could have gotten Van Halen free.  Although I'm assuming it wasn't $27 four days ago.

Around the Network
JPL78 said:
erikers said:

That's a sweet deal but if you had bought it four days ago you could have gotten Van Halen free. Although I'm assuming it wasn't $27 four days ago.

When is the last time you ever saw a full price game being given away for free for over a month?  GH: Van Halen is obviously going to be one of the biggest pieces of crap to ever be created.  Due to the fact I couldn't be assured I could resell said garbage for full price once it came in the mail I just ignored the deal.  Not to mention within 3 months there will probably be a fire sale on that game like there was for GH Aerosmith and you'll be able to buy it for under 30 which would actually save you some money. 

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

erikers said:
JPL78 said:
erikers said:

That's a sweet deal but if you had bought it four days ago you could have gotten Van Halen free. Although I'm assuming it wasn't $27 four days ago.

When is the last time you ever saw a full price game being given away for free for over a month?  GH: Van Halen is obviously going to be one of the biggest pieces of crap to ever be created.  Due to the fact I couldn't be assured I could resell said garbage for full price once it came in the mail I just ignored the deal.  Not to mention within 3 months there will probably be a fire sale on that game like there was for GH Aerosmith and you'll be able to buy it for under 30 which would actually save you some money. 

Its Van Halen!  Gee, all they have to do is not botch the note charts and we are good to go.  You said it yourself, when is the last time you saw a FULL PRICE game being given away for free. Hot for Teacher is one of the funnest songs in World Tour.

Anyway, you can buy Gears of War for 20 bucks now, does that mean your only concern would have been waiting up until this point and stealing it for bargain price?  There isn't a game that exists that isn't cheaper if you wait. Plus, around here it took nearly 10 months before I started seeing Aerosmith fire sales.  No Guitar Hero game sells that bad that they have to slash its price under the half a year mark.

That's besides the point, possible quality of the game is besides the point.  If you had no interest in it then you got a good deal.  I've invested too much money into instruments and music games to turn down a free one though.

Plus I want to support this type of promotion.  Hopefully we'll see this from other developers.  Or maybe stuff like "buy the game in the first month and recieve the DLC for free."

Either way, in this day in age when gamers are being fleeced over their every single dollar I'm all for them giving out free games.  It beats a freaking folded poster or a little figure.

Just dropping in to say.................... AARRGGHHHHHHH, Left 4 Dead's DLC is glitched to fook.

I have pounced on people from a country mile away and no avcievement pop, also won many crash course verses matches but when the scores are totaled up and victory is assured still no achievement.

First Fracture rips me off and now this.

I need an achievement hunting vacation

Ronster316 said:
Just dropping in to say.................... AARRGGHHHHHHH, Left 4 Dead's DLC is glitched to fook.

I have pounced on people from a country mile away and no avcievement pop, also won many crash course verses matches but when the scores are totaled up and victory is assured still no achievement.

First Fracture rips me off and now this.

I need an achievement hunting vacation

The life of a person near six digits of achievements...  We feel jealous sorry for you...  I'm not even half way to you yet...

Around the Network

The league is up-to-date for this week...

I would like to pre-congratulate RONSTER316... Barring a meltdown on his part he will reach the 100,000 gamerscore mark sometime this week.

Cheers Neo buddy.

Hopefully NFS: Shift and Just Cause will see me over the line before next weeks socres are totalled up.

It's mostly been fun, but once this Season is finished i'm gonna have to get back to some of the games that i need to finish because the backlog is really building up now.

Games i need to start replaying in order to collect more G's for them.................................

Ninja Gaiden II (Mission mode DLC to complete, Harder difficulty campaign)
GTA IV (Key to the city, complete game in under 30 hours ect)
Condemned: Criminal origins (Use every weapon in the game at least once)
Doom (Complete on hardest difficulty)
Ninja Blade (Various achievements)
Call of Duty: World at War (I neglected this game so have LOADS left to do on it )
Call of Duty 3 (Complete game on veteran)
Crackdown (Various achievements)
Saints Row 2 (Ultor exposed DLC bought but not played yet)
Stranglehold (Need to buy the DLC so i can attempt to 1250 this game)

and so on and so on.........................

Oh boy, i have got some LOOOOOOOOOOONG tedious gaming sessions ahead of me next year.

Ronster316 said:
Cheers Neo buddy.

Hopefully NFS: Shift and Just Cause will see me over the line before next weeks socres are totalled up.

It's mostly been fun, but once this Season is finished i'm gonna have to get back to some of the games that i need to finish because the backlog is really building up now.

Games i need to start replaying in order to collect more G's for them.................................

Call of Duty: World at War (I neglected this game so have LOADS left to do on it )

Oh boy, i have got some LOOOOOOOOOOONG tedious gaming sessions ahead of me next year.

I know what you mean...  My backlog is in the several hundreds....

NeoRatt said:
Ronster316 said:
Cheers Neo buddy.

I know what you mean...  My backlog is in the several hundreds....

If 360 games stopped been made as of today it would still take you a lifetime to get through all the games you have.

Incredible collection, i'm proud of my Sega Megadrive and Sega Dreamcast collections but your 360 collection takes the biscuit.

I started working on my backlog, I think I would've gone insane if I kept going for first place against Ronster.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-