By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair Review: 8.5-"Great Sixaxis controls and precision aiming"

Pros
  • + Unparalleled graphics
  • + Astonishing storyline and incredible soundtrack
  • + Great Sixaxis controls and precision aiming
Cons
  • - Linear gameplay makes for a slight tease
  • - FMV's instead of live real-time cinematics
  • - Moderate replayability
Lair is definitely a stupendous game with astonishing gameplay, beautiful graphics, and a soothing soundtrack. The only thing that dents Lair from becoming all that it potentially could have been is definitely the temperate replayability that arises from the linear gameplay. Despite all these issues, the game inculcates a sense of visceral excitement to anyone who gets his/her hands on it.
http://www.psu.com/Lair-Review-Review--a0001164-p0.php

Around the Network

Great SIXAXIS controls and precision aiming? Can anyone who has the game verify this?

You will find different opinions of lair owners others say it is not working good, others says you have to get used to it.

Soriku said:
Heads up: In b4 "lawl psu = sony sitez"

lawl psu = sony sitez

*runs*

WTF is that ?

Is that what a post is these days.

Astrodust said:
Great SIXAXIS controls and precision aiming? Can anyone who has the game verify this?

They really are its he frame rate and lock on that are the problem, and no map is annoying as hell.

Around the Network

Sigh, I spent about 10 minutes ranting on the game only to have my post disappear within an hour.

Anyway: Precision Aiming: Well, you lock on, and that's not exactly entirely precise since the game may occasionally go berserk with Camera and your dragon may not hit your target for a while. Especially if it's higher level. But you do hit them.

Flight: Turning works fine, a bit slow. Special moves like the 180 turn that happens offscreen and the flight boost work about 80% of the time, the other 20 you get the other motions. Also, I found the flight boost happened sometimes when I didn't even move the controller. But rising/falling/turning work fine.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I'm sure everyone who's paid money for the game will verify it's the best game ever. =P

I'm confident the controls aren't quite as bad as the 4.9 review-guy said, although so many complaints must mean there's something wrong with them. Either PSU hasn't gotten to the really hard-to-play level yet, or they're rating it well to attract Sony fans. Even if they worked fine, the game should've at least included to option to use the controller's analog sticks or whatever instead of the unproven motion controls.

Btw the link at the top didn't work for me, but this does.

They rated it while playing a psp duhhh.

mM

i think the controls are like or hate... sortaa like Red Steel...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Your link is broken: http://www.psu.com/Lair-Review-Review--a0001164-p0.php