By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Street Fighter 4 number incorrect?

Street Fighter 4

360 vg 295k / npd 446K

PS3 vg 182k / npd 403K

Around the Network

I wonder why number not match

IMO VGChartz software sales data is more accurate than NPD.

^^^ How do you figure?

It would seem Vgchartz was off.

Around the Network

I want to know VGChartz is not reliable or dependable because i must refer data form this site, if they're not realible i will stop refer data from this site.

MOmO_X said:
I want to know VGChartz is not reliable or dependable because i must refer data form this site, if they're not realible i will stop refer data from this site.

99% of the time Vgchartz is accurate(from what I've seen).

This may fall under that 1% or maybe there is an explanation.

MOmO_X said:

For newer games (post-2007 release), VGC is typically pretty reliable. If they're off, it's usually by no more than 100k. The 370k discrepancy with SF4 is extremely unusual. I maintain that it was probably the result of VGC not counting the limited CEs, the sales posted being the sales of the regular edition units. We'll know for sure when we see the March #s.

snyperdud said:
MOmO_X said:

99% of the time Vgchartz is accurate(from what I've seen).

This may fall under that 1% or maybe there is an explanation.

I've ever thought as you, i wonder VGChartZ is NPD group? and Where're VGChartZ get sales number? I thought they got data from NPD and I believe them.

MOmO_X said:

You should probably stop then. The numbers from here are solid, but mistakes like this WILL happen. She ain't perfect.