By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Tales game is better?

Soriku said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Harkins1721 said:

And the voice acting in Symphonia i thought was badass. My favorite would have to go... SPOLIERS for characters

1. Lloyd - Scott Menville

2. Kratos - Cam Clarke

3. Zelos - Shiloh Strong

4. Regal - Crispin Freeman   <--- WHO CANT LIKE CRISPIN FREEMAN!!!!!

5. Reminal - Sadly i cant find this guys voice actor but i thought he was pretty badass.

And to the guy that got only to the fire seal. I swear you wont regret playing ToS if you just give it another 10 hours. I guarntee youll be hooked like i was. And maybe playthrough it 6 times........ lol!

Remiel was voiced by Wall Wingert.

Crispin Freeman is one of the greatest VAs in anime/video games.

The rest are meh and the dialog is crummy.

You don't like Cam Clarke!? You are insane, sir! And the rest of the VAs were good too, Lloyd = Titans, Go! :)

And yes, Euphoria, play through ToS! More characters are yet to be introduced, and the story keeps getting better and better.

It gets better until a little after you go to the ...spoiler... 2nd world.

Then it gets terrible. One of the last dungeons was pathetic, the forest outside the elf village. So bad. Just reach the apple you dumb bitch, its like 4 feet away.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Harkins1721 said:

And the voice acting in Symphonia i thought was badass. My favorite would have to go... SPOLIERS for characters

2. Kratos - Cam Clarke

3. Zelos - Shiloh Strong

5. Reminal - Sadly i cant find this guys voice actor but i thought he was pretty badass.

And to the guy that got only to the fire seal. I swear you wont regret playing ToS if you just give it another 10 hours. I guarntee youll be hooked like i was. And maybe playthrough it 6 times........ lol!

You don't like Cam Clarke!? You are insane, sir! And the rest of the VAs were good too, Lloyd = Titans, Go! :)

And yes, Euphoria, play through ToS! More characters are yet to be introduced, and the story keeps getting better and better.

Okay, I take that back.  Shiloh Strong is great too.  Cam Clarke is still meh.

Tales of Symphonia doesn't get better.  It gives you the illusion that it's going to get better as it introduces more characters then brutally dashes your hopes and dances on their tattered remains with devilish glee.

Regal was probably the best character in Tales of Symphonia, for my money, though they never did as much with his character as they could have. I thought the solution to his problems came out too easily.

I'm still waiting for TOV to be released here in Europe. As I understand from those that have played both, TOV is the best Tales game yet.

Come to mention it TOV to those who have been lucky enough to buy it say it's the best this gen. Sigh I'm a poor European that has to wait.

Khuutra said:
Regal was probably the best character in Tales of Symphonia, for my money, though they never did as much with his character as they could have. I thought the solution to his problems came out too easily.

Regal and Presea are characters who could had a lot of potential but lost it because the writers were lazy.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Soriku said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Harkins1721 said:

2. Kratos - Cam Clarke

3. Zelos - Shiloh Strong

Okay, I take that back.  Shiloh Strong is great too.  Cam Clarke is still meh.

Tales of Symphonia doesn't get better.  It gives you the illusion that it's going to get better as it introduces more characters then brutally dashes your hopes and dances on their tattered remains with devilish glee.

Shennanigans. It does keep getting better with a solid, satisfying ending.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Soriku said:
im_sneaky said:
Soriku said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Harkins1721 said:

2. Kratos - Cam Clarke

3. Zelos - Shiloh Strong

It gets better until a little after you go to the ...spoiler... 2nd world.

Then it gets terrible. One of the last dungeons was pathetic, the forest outside the elf village. So bad. Just reach the apple you dumb bitch, its like 4 feet away.

That was one bad dungeon. I didn't think the Shadow Temple was that good either (the shadow things wouldn't follow me too well X_X). But the rest is great. It doesn't get terrible at Tethe'alla.

I do agree that there were many facepalm inducing moments trying to get that Ymir fruit. Damn mutant fishies eating my fruits....

I wouldn't go so far as calling it a bad dungeon though, it just has a little more imagination involved. It WAS quite annoying though, I won't deny that.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Between Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Symphonia I would say ToV has the edge. There are a few tales of games I prefer to both though. My favorite is actually tales of hearts which I imported(and surprisingly understood). This is out of playing Tales of Innocence, Symphonia, Vesperia, Destiny, and some of abyss. My next purchase in the series is probably going to be phantasia or eternia.

sc94597 said:
Between Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Symphonia I would say ToV has the edge. There are a few tales of games I prefer to both though. My favorite is actually tales of hearts which I imported(and surprisingly understood). This is out of playing Tales of Innocence, Symphonia, Vesperia, Destiny, and some of abyss. My next purchase in the series is probably going to be phantasia or eternia.

Don't know about Tales of Hearts but i heard alot of people hated Tales of Innocence. How was ToI anyway?

g-value said:
sc94597 said:

Don't know about Tales of Hearts but i heard alot of people hated Tales of Innocence. How was ToI anyway?

I don't know why people hate it. The story was actually, imo, one of the least cliched in the series. The battle gameplay was ok, but the controls were pretty bad imo. The characters are probably my favorite part of the game, much better than symphonia, destiny's, and some characters in abyss imo. It isn't the best one, but it is definitely not the worse. I don't know if people actually hate innocence or some are getting confused with tempest(which is sometimes thought of as the worse in the series, but it wasn't a mother title so I don't really care to much). The fan translation for innocence should be done soon for anybody who wants to play it and has a flash card. I might replay it when the translation comes out just to see how much I understood and compare it.