By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: we have more wii games than PS360 ones

Ari_Gold said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
trestres said:
And if you count in house games that are not ports, the list gets reduced to 1 (one) game. Zack & Wiki, that's it. With 1 more coming MH3 (If it makes it to the West). Not counting TvsC because it may never make it here.

On the other hand the HDs get a lot of in house games, DMC4, Lost Planet, Lost Planet: Colonies, Dead Rising, SFIV, RE5. With the Upcoming Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2.

I think it's clear who's their primary target this gen. Hint: Not the Wii.

Dark Void and Boinic Cammando.

Yay Capcom HD!!!

Indeed, Capcom know where its target audience lies, in the HD consoles. Can't wait for Bionic Commando, and Dead Risin 2.

No, what they know is, they spent way too much money on making HD studios and would be insane not to take advantage of that investment. Capcom knows the target audience would go where the games are and due to both their initial investment and assumption that Wii would be third they continued onwards. PS3 and 360 are simply the best fit for their initial outlay. Despite the reduction in market share they will continue the fight while other companies share the wealth of the market leading system.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Exactly, slight difference between an original, triple-AAA title - and a port/rehash of something else.

Zak & Wiki counts - RE:UC doesn't in my opinion (looks like a 2nd-class dev team got it - a 'A' title, but not a 'AAA').

Pity Zak & Wiki was such a flawed experience - not at all 'casual', yet not really appealing to hardcore either.

MH3 is 'AAA' - RE:DC - we'll see...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

palancas7 said:

They're counting these:

Resident Evil Zero

We Love Golf

Devil Kings 2 Heroes

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

MotoGP 08

Resident Evil

Neopets Puzzle Adventure

_______

Ports and....

You just forgot more ports, like

Dead Rising and Resident Evil 4, or Monster Hunter G, Okami...

Yet, they have

Zack & Wiki

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles

Megaman 9

Tastunoko vs Capcom

RE Darkside Chronicles

Spyborgs (seems cooooool)

Monster Hunter 3 Tri

That's still 17+ games unveiled, for sure more than PS3 or 360

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Onyxmeth said:
Onimusha12 said:

Really Capcom really? Do you think there is anyone left in the Wii camp who hasn't already jumped ship or among those few remaining do you think there is anyone left naive enough to believe your third annual boast of superior Wii support.

Will this support be as awesome as the superior Wii support EA has given with watered down kiddy versions of their Sports Games or Casual Cash-ins like Boogie? How about a rail shooter like the Dead Space Spin Off from EA, oh wait, a New Resident Evil Rail Shooter? A low investment game on my Wii, would have never thunk it, and here I'm so used to getting massive AAA budget games on my Wii. Pity you can't even be bothered to bring the Wiimakes of RE0 and RE1 over.

And while you're no doubt regretting having committed to putting Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii, at least you have the opportunity to decide on whether or not to bring it out in the West to slight us once again.

Thanks Capcom, looking forward to another "AWESOME" year of support.

If only more games meant better games.

Why are you talking about Capcom's Wii support like they are somehow slighting the Wii? You've already gone on the record that you feel Capcom has basically gone downhill altogether this generation, HD consoles included. You bitched about the Okami port, Devil May Cry 4 and Resident Evil 5. There may be more titles, but I only know you've managed large rants involving those games. Are you really the best person to call Capcom out for slighting the Wii when you also don't have anything good to say about their other non-Wii titles?

Also the two Resident Evil ports are coming over and good odds say that Monster Hunter 3 is also, so I don't know why you're implying otherwise.

Their Games have been diminishing in quality, creativity and imagination. What's your point? Do you feel that is somehow contradictory to my contempt for their platform focus this generation? Regardless the quality of their work this generation they're still devoting more resources and effort to those games on the HD Consoles than they are anything being put on the Wii and that is the point of contentment here. The fact they're making decreasing quality games is just insult to injury not a contradiction of ideology or point of argument. More importantly why are you only attacking me when I'm saying nothing different from everyone else in this thread?

Ari_Gold said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
trestres said:
And if you count in house games that are not ports, the list gets reduced to 1 (one) game. Zack & Wiki, that's it. With 1 more coming MH3 (If it makes it to the West). Not counting TvsC because it may never make it here.

On the other hand the HDs get a lot of in house games, DMC4, Lost Planet, Lost Planet: Colonies, Dead Rising, SFIV, RE5. With the Upcoming Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2.

Yay Capcom HD!!!

Indeed, Capcom know where its target audience lies, in the HD consoles. Can't wait for Bionic Commando, and Dead Risin 2.

Target Audience? HD Consoles? You mean a brand of gaming largely dominated by the sub-standard masses cultivated by the Xbox mentality of Spike TV gaming who flock towards the console with the best version of Madden and by thier own lack of discretion have allowed HD gaming to survive as well as it has due to the sheer willingness of the consumer to buy anything that has Guns and online multiplayer/co-op?

HD Gaming is not the Rennaisance of Gaming nor is it Gaming as we knew it on the N64/PS1 or the PS2. HD Gaming is in a nutshell the flourishing and mass standardization of the once fringe Xbox brand of gaming that sold itself to young adult male non-gamers who had strayed from gaming over the years because it was all "Big Eyed, Spikey Haired, Japanese shit" and "Kiddy Mario Stuff" on the promise that the hardcore "X"-box would bring them HARDCORE testosterone gaming. As such, HD Gaming is now driven largely by two signiture demographics. Young Adult Males who lust over anything violent, grimdark and gun based and Grade Schoolers who want to play awesome violent games that grown ups play.

Don't get me wrong, the Wii's audience is just as much if not more so a laugh in its own respect, and just as much a failure of the industry but don't kid yourself the HD consoles are some sort of rennaissance for gaming by default. More precisely, HD Gaming is not "where it's at" this generation so much as  it's where there is no where left to go for Developers. In a nutshell, its HD Gaming or Bust.

The Wii surprised everyone with its success thus developers were not ready for it as most were already heavily committed to HD Gaming. From here on Developers had no choice but to push on through the economic tragedy of HD Gaming and since games couldn't just be ported to the Wii and new games would take time to develop they really had no chance to switch over to the Wii even if they wanted to. Developers had no choice but to make HD Gaming work come hell or high water. And with most Western Developers having been bought up by larger Gaming Conglomerates such as EA or Activision while many others just go Bankrupt, its obvious the struggle has been great.

But by all means, keep gracing Nintendo threads to reiterate the fact that you don't like the Wii and like Hardcore HD Gaming. It never ever gets old at all.

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
Ari_Gold said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
trestres said:

Yay Capcom HD!!!

Target Audience? HD Consoles? You mean a brand of gaming largely dominated by the sub-standard masses cultivated by the Xbox mentality of Spike TV gaming who flock towards the console with the best version of Madden and by thier own lack of discretion have allowed HD gaming to survive as well as it has due to the sheer willingness of the consumer to buy anything that has Guns and online multiplayer/co-op?

HD Gaming is not the Rennaisance of Gaming nor is it Gaming as we knew it on the N64/PS1 or the PS2. HD Gaming is in a nutshell the flourishing and mass standardization of the once fringe Xbox brand of gaming that sold itself to young adult male non-gamers who had strayed from gaming over the years because it was all "Big Eyed, Spikey Haired, Japanese shit" and "Kiddy Mario Stuff" on the promise that the hardcore "X"-box would bring them HARDCORE testosterone gaming. As such, HD Gaming is now driven largely by two signiture demographics. Young Adult Males who lust over anything violent, grimdark and gun based and Grade Schoolers who want to play awesome violent games that grown ups play.

Don't get me wrong, the Wii's audience is just as much if not more so a laugh in its own respect, and just as much a failure of the industry but don't kid yourself the HD consoles are some sort of rennaissance for gaming by default. More precisely, HD Gaming is not "where it's at" this generation so much as  it's where there is no where left to go for Developers. In a nutshell, its HD Gaming or Bust.

The Wii surprised everyone with its success thus developers were not ready for it as most were already heavily committed to HD Gaming. From here on Developers had no choice but to push on through the economic tragedy of HD Gaming and since games couldn't just be ported to the Wii and new games would take time to develop they really had no chance to switch over to the Wii even if they wanted to. Developers had no choice but to make HD Gaming work come hell or high water. And with most Western Developers having been bought up by larger Gaming Conglomerates such as EA or Activision while many others just go Bankrupt, its obvious the struggle has been great.

But by all means, keep gracing Nintendo threads to reiterate the fact that you don't like the Wii and like Hardcore HD Gaming. It never ever gets old at all.

QFT!

Seeing as to how the majority were all ports..........

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."