By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - iPhone/iTouch sells 30 million in 19 months

I will buy an iPhone when my current one breaks down and/or there is a price cut.

HK$5400 for an officially unlocked 8GB iPhone it too much!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network
Plaupius said:
@Erik Aston

One of the given examples, buying a rocket launcer in an FPS, sounds just horrible to me. IMO

Thankfully the devs wrote a blog entry saying that the whole rocket launcher thing was just used to demo the feature but will not be used in the shipping version. Thank god. 

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

1337 Gamer said:
thats amazing but most of these people are not going to buy more than 1 or 2 games that you need to pay for. This isnt a fact but everyone i know that has one has only bought a few if any games. The free games are the ones that most people seem to get and thats why 30M units will not translate into huge $.

But i could be wrong has anyone noticed anything different? I dont hate /love the iphone im just posting what ive noticed

I concur. Many people get iPhones for business rather than personal reasons.  To them, the iPhone is nothing more than an equivalent of a Blackberry rather than a substitute for a DS or PSP.

My wife upgraded from a very simple phone to an iPhone when she chagned jobs recently. We still don't have an account to download even free stuff.  So the iPhone will be a lot of potential but not a lot of direct sales.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:

Many people get iPhones for business rather than personal reasons.  To them, the iPhone is nothing more than an equivalent of a Blackberry

I couldn't disagree more. The biggest weakness it had for the first year was lack of Exchange support. And a quick look at the top 100 apps (payed and free) shows about 80% of them to be games- despite some good business software being out. Sure not everybody downloads apps, but when they do most of them are entertainment. The bulk of the non-games are media/sports oriented. Until Apple gets their shit together in enterprise support they will trail RIM in the sector. Though clearly they are improving.

The problem is the cost of apps does little to encourage large investment. But that is hardly insurmountable to change.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256