By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predictions: When do you think JPN sales for Wii will pass Gamecube?

Once this weeks numbers come out the Wii will have passed 3.5 million on VGChartz. Gamecube sits around 4 million (4,023,235 to be exact). The Wii's sales in Japan have fluxuated greatly with the supply being diverted and post holiday, but is still leading current gen consoles by a wide margin. At around 50k (from other sources Wii would take under 11 weeks to pass Gamecube, but that sales rate changes with what Nintendo ships and produces.

What week do you think Wii will pass Gamecube?

Aug 26
Sep 02
Sep 09
Sep 16
Sep 23
Sep 30 - 1 -Superchunk
Oct 07 - 1 - Steven787
Oct 14 - 2 - Neos, Robjoh
Oct 21 - 2 - Koffieboon, Ishy
Oct 28 - 1 - Freestyler
Nov 04
Nov 11
Nov 18
Nov 25
Dec 01
Dec 08
Dec 15
Dec 22
Dec 29
Beyond...

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

By the end of the year, I don't think I can place a week on it though, i'd say early to mid December though

EDIT: Wow, completely screwed up my calculations -- in about a 2 months (8 weeks - which is Oct 21 if you would like a date) would be much closer than what i estimated before..

Last week of Sept or Week ending Sept 30th.

Right now as I post this the GC Japan sales are 4.1m. and the Wii's are 3.5m. However, this is only to the 19th of Aug. So, it is missing week ending 26th which should put Wii at 3.6m; given ioi always changes the numbers when he updates a region. Since both other regions jumped by about 20k for the last few weeks, it should be the same for Japan.

I see Wii nesting around 100k per week or so on average.

I would say 8-10 weeks from the last update (or 50k-70k in avarage per week) is the latest. If Nintendo gives larger shipment the next weeks (if some good game hit or something) it could mayby hit gamecube numbers in seven weeks. So around week 41-43.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

I think Robjoh is closest in reasoning, the shipments/sales dropped a lot this week (to 50k+-).

Don't be chicken though put a week on it.

I will move this up to the top once we get some more predicitions.

Aug 26
Sep 02
Sep 09
Sep 16
Sep 23
Sep 30 - Superchunk
Oct 07 - Steven787
Oct 14
Oct 21
Oct 28
Nov 04
Nov 11
Nov 18
Nov 25
Dec 01
Dec 08
Dec 15
Dec 22
Dec 29
Beyond...

Around the Network

sure oct 14.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

oct 14 for me aswell

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I'll go for october 21

OP now has the chart.

In 8 weeks from now

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man