By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - chrono trigger ds petition!!!

I don't know. I never played Chrono Trigger until recently, and while the game was certainly ground-breaking in its time, it really hasn't aged well. Specifically the combat, which is just your average FF-style "press X butan, gain level." The only challenging or interesting parts were the boss fights, and you usually need to slog through a ton of normal encounters between them.

I would certainly play a remake if they revamped the combat system and improved the story, both of which were undoubtedly limited by the SNES's hardware. Unfortunately, though, that likely wouldn't happen due to Internet fanboy rage.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

Thats a cool idea, i have always wanted to play chrono trigger and i want to get a ds so that would work very good for me.

Guys, I'm familiar with the industry from the inside to a degree and I'll be flat out honest. An online petition will never, never, ever, ever get a game made.

SE would say, "Oh look, 10,000 signatures. Let's just go reallocate all our resources and planning for the next 3 years, scrap in development games, grab all the original CT team members who are working on a dozen different games right now, pull the funding from our butt and make these 10,000 unit sales.

Guys, the video game industry is far too complex to be driven by the whims of a petition. I'm sorry.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I thought MISTWALKER had the rights to Chrono Trigger series...???
not Square-Enix anymore.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

its chrono trigger resurection all over again. Ill sign it just for the heck of it. Personally i would love a ds or wii remake.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/38947.html

For inspiration to sign the petition. ^^

Around the Network

Nah...I can play CT on my PSP, PS3, PC and Xbox1 anyways