By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Everything WWE Thread

do you get points for each time lillian garcia and josh mathews are on....if do then WOW you will be racking the points in pretty soon!

Around the Network

I'm not sure, but I know some of my other guys will make up for it since they are likely to main event quite a few shows.

I just thought about it, but is Christian hurt? I watched the match on ECW last week, and I swear his opponent (David Hart Smith, I think) really botched a move. I spent the remainder of that match thinking "please stop the match! You're killing him!" I DVR Raw (and TNA) but I watch ECW live. I still haven't seen last night's commercial free episode, but I'll be right there, tonight.

I don't think so, but that shoulder breaker looked brutal as hell during that match

well, its pretty much official that Taz is heading to TNA:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=107760216659&ref=mf

his blog seems to support this with the line "the prison sentence (no compete clause) is almost over"

Around the Network

For those who watched raw last night, remember the nasty ladder bump that the "crew member" took. so my friends and I were discussing whether or not it was planned. They said yes and I said no cause he was busted open the hard way.

We watched the Trips/Ortan match again today (DVR) and played that little bit in slow motion. It was an obviously planned bump since the guy put his hand up and lowered his head to brace for the impact. However, the ladder slid off the side of his hand and railed him right in the head. He looked like he was out cold.

The line up for the rise and fall of wcw dvd has been released.

DISC ONE

DOCUMENTARY
* Jim Crockett Promotions
* Georgia Championship Wrestling
* Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling
* Black Saturday
* The Expansion
* Crockett Sells to Turner
* Greatest Talent in the World
* New Management
* Bill Watts Era
* Bill Shaw Hires Eric Bischoff
* Hulk Hogan Arrives
* Nitro Debuts
* nWo
* Cruiserweights
* Goldberg
* WCW Ratings Champ
* Celebrities
* Goldberg vs. Hogan
* Mistakes Begin
* Vince Russo
* A Corporate Merger
* McMahon buys WCW
* Legacy of WCW

BONUS:
* Lost in Cleveland (Cactus Jack vignette)
* Bill Watts Defends Himself
* Spam Man
* The Origin of Goldberg
* Bischoff Gives Away RAW Results

DISC TWO

MATCHES:
* $1,000 Challenge Match: Ric Flair vs. Magnum T.A.
NWA World Championship Wrestling – June 15, 1985

* Sting, Lex Luger & Barry Windham vs. Ric Flair, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (w/ JJ Dillon)
The Main Event – April 3, 1988

* United States Championship Match: Dusty Rhodes vs. Barry Windham
Great American Bash – July 10, 1988

* NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match: Ric Flair vs. Ricky ‘The Dragon' Steamboat
Chi-Town Rumble – February 20, 1989

* The Rock ‘n' Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express
Wrestle War – February 25, 1990

* NWA United States Tag Team Championship Match: The Midnight Express vs. The Southern Boys
Great American Bash – July 7, 1990

* WCW World Tag Team Championship Match: The Steiner Brothers vs. Sting & Lex Luger
SuperBrawl – May 19, 1991

* WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Sting vs. Big Van Vader
Great American Bash – July 12, 1992

* WCW International World Heavyweight Championship Match: Rick Rude vs. Sting
Spring Stampede – April 17, 1994

* WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan
Bash at the Beach – July 17, 1994

DISC THREE

* WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Ric Flair vs. The Giant
Nitro – April 29, 1996

* WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match: Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko
Clash of the Champions XXXIII – August 15, 1996

* War Games Match: Team WCW- Sting, Lex Luger, Ric Fair & Arn Anderson vs. Team n.W.o.- Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall & a Mystery Partner
Fall Brawl – September 15, 1996

* United States Championship Ladder Match: Syxx vs. Eddie Guerrero
Souled Out – January 25, 1997

* United States Championship No Disqualification Match: Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko
Uncensored – March 16, 1997

* WCW Cruiserweight Championship Title vs. Mask Match: Chris Jericho vs. Juventud Guerrera
SuperBrawl VIII – February 22, 1998

* WCW Unified World Tag Team Championship Match: The Steiner Brothers vs. The Outsiders
SuperBrawl VIII – February 22, 1998

* Diamond Dallas Page & Karl Malone vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan & Dennis Rodman
Bash at the Beach – July 12, 1998

* WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Goldberg vs. Diamond Dallas Page
Halloween Havoc – October 25, 1998

* WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Booker T vs. Lance Storm
Nitro – August 7, 2000

To be honest, I never liked wcw when it was around. It wasn't so much about quality as it was about loyalty. I watched wwf since age 5 and the monday night wars lasted from age 11-16. Being young, I was less likely to take the competition. As such, I find the match selection for these dvd's to be highly questionable. I know that disk 2 is essentially 'pre-nitro' and disk 3 is 'monday night wars,' but really, who wants only one disk devoted to the monday night wars?

And look at the match selection:
6 ric flair matches
5 sting matches

no saturn, no raven, no benoit (though that's not really surprising), jarrett , brett hart, randy savage, ron simmons

1 match only for jericho, booker t, goldberg

on top of that, why did this dvd take 8 years? It should have come out 2003 at the earliest or 2005 at the latest (a year after the successful rise and fall of ecw dvd).

This is the most hilarious thing I've seen. Check @ 1:35

TNA is coming to my town again, and the tickets are pretty cheap - $12 is the cheapest. It's a very small arena, so any seat should be good. AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Angelina Love, Booker T, Homicide and Scott Steiner are scheduled to appear. Should be nice. No card yet.

If that "Rise and Fall of WCW" DVD is out, I'm interested. I still watch the "Monday Night Wars" DVD pretty regularly. Even before the WAR, I was interested in both brands. WCW was just so sporadic. Sometimes I had to stay up til 1am on Saturday nights to watch their show. Still, the DVD, for me is a must buy. I'm a WWF/WWE fan, but before that, I was a fan of wrestling.

Isn't Triple H something like 13 time World Champ? That's pretty much why I can't watch anymore. The title changes hands on a weekly basis it seems.