By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD4 hugely undertracked on here

and don't forget the "1 month free gold service for new IDs" and you can make 4 or 5 IDs on your 360 - that definately is a big stimulus to create new IDs and play the game with those

Around the Network

Rentals and Second hand buyers .... seriously did that never cross your mind?

& me whos created 13 diffrent profile on PSN for the fuK of it

Well I think the real question that Outcast was trying to ask is why there's only a large differential in the 360 numbers. Rentals and used game shoppers are nice explanations but don't work in the case where it's seemingly only one of the platforms with a large discrepency. What we should be wondering is one of two things:

1. What about the online setup of the 360 makes it different from the PS3 to cause such a huge discrepency in retail sales?

2. Are our numbers actually wrong in this case?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I have four Mario Kart Wii online accounts. I'm not sure that means I bought four Mario Karts.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

People that rent games, Gamefly, Blockbuster, borrowed from friends, etc;

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:

So is there a known tendency of 360 owners renting and borrowing games more often than PS3 owners?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
sega4life said:

So is there a known tendency of 360 owners renting and borrowing games more often than PS3 owners?

Yes... there is..

And 360 people are nicer because they let more friends borrow the game.. lol

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:
Onyxmeth said:
sega4life said:

Yes... there is..

And 360 people are nicer because they let more friends borrow the game.. lol

I thought many X360 owners rented games just for the achievments... so yes.... in addition Live subscribers likely includes the PC version online.

Then multiple users for bought copies of the game.

-----

This is quite obviously not related to sales if you think logically.... because only 60-65% of X360 users can go online, so you really think the X360 version of CoD 4 sold over 18 million.

Neoraf said:

YOU ARE ALL WRONG.
WRONG.

VGCHARTZ numbers are correct.

Please think:

11m Live subscribers HAVE NOTHING TO DO with "sold games".

1) Look... if i buy 1 game, and on my 360 I'm playing it on my account.
Then my wife sign-in and play it too...
And then my 2 children...

4 Live users FOR 1 game sold.

2) Relook... I buy Call of Duty "new".
Then, after a few months, I sale it to someone.
After a few weeks, this "someone" trade COD4 at Gamestop.
The copie is sold again... and again...

MULTIPLE Live users FOR 1 game sold.

+1

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"