By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 10 Greatest games this gen, the gamers have decided!

After much anticapation, consideration, deliberation and meditation. I can proudly present the 10 greatest games of this generation chosen by you the 'Gamers', having researched consumer demand, gamers feedback and the analysis of the critics I have managed to assemble the top 10 list of greatest games of this current gen, I visited sites such as Amazon and Play.com to understand the feedback of the true gamers, whether or not they were dissapointed. I conducted several surveys analysed the games collection of the moderators to give me an insight into the gaming habits of Vgchartz and what games were universally acclaimed.

As a die hard 360 fan, this list does not reflect my own personal tast but of the 'Gamers'.

Top 10 - Greatest Games This Generation chosen by the gamers.

10. Super Mario Galaxy

9. Super Smash Brawl

8. Uncharted Drakes fortune

7. Oblivion

6. Grand theft auto 4

5. Gears of war

4. Call of duty 4

3. Halo 3

2. Killzone 2

1. Metal Gear solid 4 - Hailed by gamers as the greatest game this Gen!

To those who are dissapointed with the list, The gamers have spoken. I personally would have prefered Halo 3 at no1 but I must respect the wishes of the gamers.

Around the Network

This list is so vanilla that I believe every word you say in your OP about doing research on this. I do find it funny that you couldn't find more people that preferred Halo 3, COD 4 and Gears 1 and 2 over Killzone 2 considering there is a significant gap in fanbase between the titles.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

If I may ask...how do you define "gamer? Cause as it stands this hardly reflects the full gamers spectrum.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

game that sold 750 (to this date) has more fans than those that sold 8M+ ????

I'd have to agree with Onyx...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

too many shooters *yawn*

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:

This list is so vanilla that I believe every word you say in your OP about doing research on this. I do find it funny that you couldn't find more people that preferred Halo 3, COD 4 and Gears 1 and 2 over Killzone 2 considering there is a significant gap in fanbase between the titles.

Great contribution, I analysed the gamers response to those games. Only 3 out of those 5 games had to live up to huge expectations being Killzone2, Halo 3 and Gears of war 2. When I analysed the gamers response on sites such as Amazon/Play.com many gamers were not satisfied with the single player of Halo 3 however praised the multiplayer aspect with Gears of war 2 many complained that there were not enough multiplayer options and some called it Gears of war 1.5. When I was analysing Killzone 2 the consumer/gamers was both happy with the single player while applauding the multiplayer ranking system. Therefore I felt Killzone 2 merited the second place slot. Thanks.

the list isnt for me....except for the wii games they all look the same

Esmoreit said:
If I may ask...how do you define "gamer? Cause as it stands this hardly reflects the full gamers spectrum.

Judging by the list, I would say gamer=shooter fan and two Wii games were lumped in at the end so there would be no playing favorites. Personally, I think Metroid Prime 3 and the Conduit should replace the other two Wii games so we can get a better pattern happening here.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I think the OP REALLY IS Michael Moore.

The gamers have spoken, and these are the 10 best games this generation:

10. Brain Age 2/Brain Training 2
9. Mario Kart DS
8. Mario Kart Wii
7. Wii Fit
6. Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
5. Brain Age/Brain Training
4. New Super Mario Bros.
3. Nintendogs
2. Wii Play
1. Wii Sports