By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge - Resident Evil 5 = 50 Cent Blood on the Sand

How disrespectful but oh well. I generally like EDGE reviews so I won't complain about this one too much. I would probably be more readily to jump on them for KZ2 getting a higher review score than 50 Cent game but whatev.

Around the Network

I think gaming needs more publications like EDGE that are not affraid of giving a 7 to an overhyped game.

I dont think all these 9s and 10s around make our games any better, it just makes it more difficult to understand which game is really worth it.

Rei said:
I think gaming needs more publications like EDGE that are not affraid of giving a 7 to an overhyped game.

I dont think all these 9s and 10s around make our games any better, it just makes it more difficult to understand which game is really worth it.

yes that's what I like about them as well.  This is why I like EDGE reviews and won't let this one affect me.  Although I feel with RE5 they chose the wrong hyped game to bring down.  I think there was a better and easier choice haha.

KylieDog said:
Pretty sure Edge just gives low scores for the sake of publicity so they don't go out of business. Or maybe their review staff are just retards.

This^

KylieDog said:
Mr.Y said:
KylieDog said:

Being harsh in reviews is fine, nothing wrong with that.  Being inconsistant in reviews is really poor, and shouldn't be reviewing if like that.

Opinions are inconsistent? Who would have known..

When they come from the same source, in this case Edge, they should not be.

I completely agree that that's the way it should be.

And I'm beginning to wonder if any review site or publication will ever pull it off.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Resident Evil will sell regardless. I don't think going to be the AAA game that I hoped it would be, but I bet I'm going to enjoy it a lot.

I think that the gaming media is telling us what we want to hear, lately. If message boards say a game isn't an upper echelon title, then the scores are starting to reflect that. If we hype a game as the second coming of Jesus, Allah, and Buddha, we get scores that reflect that too.

So we do have power! That's incredible, we should have hyped Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop just to see if reviewers would have went with it!

Signature goes here!

KylieDog said:
Pretty sure Edge just gives low scores for the sake of publicity so they don't go out of business. Or maybe their review staff are just retards.

Did you even play the game? How would you know if RE5 is good or not?

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Wait how many of you have played retail versions of Blood in the sand and RE5 ?