By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Home... September 25?

Anyone want to speculate on this? They've never really said anything about a specific release date other than "September or October." And, Sony is going to have to come up with SOME response to Halo 3...

Around the Network

Thats it...you brought my hopes of for notin..

mM

Why would they release on the one day nobody would use it?

white devil said:

PS3 owners would, I rightly dont give a damn about Halo 3... so doesnt a large part of the gaming user base on the PS3/PS2/GC/DS/PSP/Wii.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

white devil said:

Because its better than xbox live.

mM
Around the Network
ssj12 said:
white devil said:

PS3 owners would, I rightly dont give a damn about Halo 3... so doesnt a large part of the gaming user base on the PS3/PS2/GC/DS/PSP/Wii.

Perhaps that wasn't the best way to phrase it. Let me put it another way. When the news media, gaming and mainstream alike, is talking about how huge Halo 3 is, Home will only be a sidenote on most people's minds. You can argue all you want on this point, but it will be fact. I'm sure most ppl remember the Halo 2 launch and how that was. It's just a terrible idea to release something like Home, that isn't even a game, against Halo 3 because everybody will be fixated on Halo 3.

white devil said:
ssj12 said:
white devil said:

Perhaps that wasn't the best way to phrase it. Let me put it another way. When the news media, gaming and mainstream alike, is talking about how huge Halo 3 is, Home will only be a sidenote on most people's minds. You can argue all you want on this point, but it will be fact. I'm sure most ppl remember the Halo 2 launch and how that was. It's just a terrible idea to release something like Home, that isn't even a game, against Halo 3 because everybody will be fixated on Halo 3.

but wasnt that effect mainly on all games that were on the original xbox.. I went to the midnight launch with a friend for Halo 2, awesome party at EB btw, it was mainly the other games being released for the 25th on the xbox that were forgotten, the PS2/GC game sales suffered but sold better then the other xbox games did that day. So launching Home would just make it so that people dont use it for a day or two as it not being a game and being offered for free on all PS3s will make it so that it does gain avatars/players as its free. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
white devil said:
ssj12 said:
white devil said:

but wasnt that effect mainly on all games that were on the original xbox.. I went to the midnight launch with a friend for Halo 2, awesome party at EB btw, it was mainly the other games being released for the 25th on the xbox that were forgotten, the PS2/GC game sales suffered but sold better then the other xbox games did that day. So launching Home would just make it so that people dont use it for a day or two as it not being a game and being offered for free on all PS3s will make it so that it does gain avatars/players as its free.

My point was not about sales, but the hype potential. Why put up a relatively anticipated update(would update be the right word to describe it?) against a mega hype machine like Halo 3, when you can do it sometime before or after where Sony will get far notice and maybe more interest?

My roomate is in the beta... we loaded it up.  Screwed around for a while... never loaded it again.  It is exactly how I felt about second life. I don't really have fun walking around and doing nothing... id rather play a game.

Maybe home will kick off (heck second life did).  I just don't see why people are excited over it... it looks pretty boring to me.

The problem with the beta is mostly all of the good features haven't been made available yet, until then I'm not going to judge the beta.