By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone know anything about financial aid for college?

I'm thinking about going back to school. I'm now old enough to be independent so my parents massive income no longer effects me.

I make about 12k a year from my job. Would any of you know my chances of being able to return to school on grants and no loans?

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Around the Network

My sisters could help you with that. Unfortunately, it's 2am where I'm at. I'll see what I can find out in the morning.

File! It's free and you can do it online. And if you don't get grants, there's always a good chance that they'll go "Oh, you're just a little broke, so we'll give you a free ride, but no grants" or something like that.

I'm 26 and I'm still in college. The second I turned 24 the government gave me a full ride, plus grants. When I was 23 I think I got a fee waiver for community college, plus $1,000 for a whole year. Now I get a full ride to UC Berkeley and almost enough money for rent and bills.

Moongoddess256 said:

I'm thinking about going back to school. I'm now old enough to be independent so my parents massive income no longer effects me.

I make about 12k a year from my job. Would any of you know my chances of being able to return to school on grants and no loans?

You only make only 12k a year from your job? That really sucks.

I make half of that in just one summer and I don't get pay that much.

Can't say I know much but the only thing would be to just apply for financial aid. My parents support me so I can't get anything from financial aids (or at least that's what I think) but I be interest for other finance options, too. On my third year and so far, had to pay $16,000 for college so it's not too bad for me, I suppose.

The poorer you are the more $$$ you are gonna get.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

Depends a lot on the prices of the colleges around you. I know I got a bit north of 2k with no loans in a similar situation. Of course that was also enough to cover tuition + fees and have a couple hundred left over. You should be able to get a full ride to state schools, and probably have enough left over to get your books off of amazon/ebay.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229