By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Fans/Owners- Are you glad/dissapointed that Sony is in last place?

Reasons to be glad-

Competition is always good, and Sony is stepping up their game due to their position. They've also made the PS3 more affordable, and are making the PSN better. There are amazing first party games as well, due to competition. They will work ever harder to make the PS4 better also.

Reasons to be dissapointed (or mad. Ha ha ha. Get it? Glad/Mad?)

Sony was always competitive, and they have made an amazing piece of hardware that was offset due to the economic downturn and people being willing to buy and support a company that made a cheaper console that breaks, and conduct uncompetitive behaviors such as buying exclusivity. Making the PS3 affordable only made the console become worse, with backwards compatability lost, and USB ports going away. They were planning on making all those first party games before they were in the position they are in now. Now there's prospects that the PS3 will either be a Wii clone, that they will be less ambitious in what they produce, or that there won't even be a PS4.

I realize that the dissapointed section is much longer, and I admit that I'm a sole PS3 owner and that there's probably subconscious bias in play here. However you're going to be writing your own reasons anyway so it doesn't matter, please don't reply to me, but rather state your own opinion.

Around the Network

Who is a Ps3 fan that'll be glad for last place? lol. I was worried at first about the ps3's position (not really 3rd place position but it's very low sales in 2007) but I got used to it as time went on partly because it's now obvious that the 2007 doomsday articles have failed. I just enjoy gaming on my machine now.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I am a PS3 owner and I could care less what place it's in. In this gen 90% of 3rd party games are multiplat between the two in order to maximize profits, so it doesn't matter.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Does it change something to me? I still get to play good games.

I'll let them deal with their internal affairs themselves, as long as I get good support. Seriously, I don't see why anyone would want more.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

last place...after 2 years...are u for real? because the race is over why cos the xbotters say so?

Around the Network

As long as I get the games that I want I dont care what place they are in!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

last place in sales but first place in quality.

Why would a PS3 fan/owner be glad that Sony is in last place? O_O

It sucks to see Sony in last place as far as the history they've made, but their mistakes came back to haunt them this gen. It had been piling up and the competition took advantage of it. Sometimes a swift kick in the ass is what it takes to bring people back to reality.

I'm enjoying what their 1st/2nd party is coming up with more than most of the other devs this generation. The company that I liked the best before (Nintendo) IMO dropped the ball this generation for me as a gamer no matter their sales.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.