By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The one HUGE flaw in Killzone 2's multiplayer

I love Killzone 2, the multiplayer is awesome in every way from the shifting objectives to the weapons to the class system to the combat.  There is only one glaring fault, the best part of KZ2 is underutilized.

The best system is the alternate spawn 4 person squad system.  The problem is that the game does not put you in a squad and let you change, it makes squads optional and thus almost noone joins squads.  In R2 you are put into a squad and forced to work together which might be a little draconian, but it also keeps things tight.  In KZ2 when you join you have to make a squad and then manually invite people you don't know to fill it out (or try to join with the few commanders who try to make a squad and hope they accept).

In a good squad KZ2 is like a whole new game.  No running across the map to get to the aciton, you spawn right on your leader after death and are right back in the fight.  You get squad level coms and if you stick together 4 people can do great things even against twice their number.  I just wish the game A) encouraged squads more and B) gave a quick accept command for when people ask to join your squad.

The most obvious solution would be to give extra experience or some other benefit besides just spawning on commander for being in a squad.  The easiest one would seem to be points for assist skills with other squad members or something of the sort.  Either way I wish that they would push KZ2's best multiplayer feature more.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Around the Network

Funny, I get invited to squads every single game (no joke). It seems like ppl know of my (mediocre) skills and (reluctantly) want me in their squad . Anyways, I think it's set up like that for clan battles and such. Those in a clan will more than likely have squads set up, and those that are just playing a game w/o knowing anybody, or caring to, won't be tied down to their squad leader. Best of both worlds IMO.

I always make a squad and invite random people, or friends if they're in the game, it's so much fun. One guy can sneak around behind a base, then boom, 4 guys! No where is safe. One thing that might improve it's use would be, like you said, extra points for being a squad leader, or something. Right now, I think most players want to be invited into a squad, not be a sqaud leader, because the leader can't spawn on anyone else in the squad, so they don't really get much of an advantage.

Doesn't sound like a huge issue to me.

4 ≈ One

I agree. Nobody ever creates squads. Every match I go into I make a squad and invite random people. Just for the advantage of an extra spawn point. What's dumb is people will turn it down. There is no disadvantage to being in a squad. You don't have to be the leaders best friend, or follow him around, or anything. You just get an extra spawn point for saying yes.

But no, people are stupid. I have no idea why people don't use squads. my squad is always the only one on my team. I can only guess ignorance, that the majority don't know what squads do or why they should make or join a squad.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

^I'd be in ur squad vagabond :).

SnakeEyez said:

Funny, I get invited to squads every single game (no joke). It seems like ppl know of my (mediocre) skills and (reluctantly) want me in their squad . Anyways, I think it's set up like that for clan battles and such. Those in a clan will more than likely have squads set up, and those that are just playing a game w/o knowing anybody, or caring to, won't be tied down to their squad leader. Best of both worlds IMO.

^This LMAO.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

the best thing about killzone is the revolver that thing is insane in multiplayer, 2 shots or so i think to take down a guy.

Squads are awesome, I always go in one with my frien to quitrn the whole team talking at once. Never known a game with this many headsets on the station

Ynwa.

Pristine20 said:
SnakeEyez said:

^This LMAO.

LOL SCREW U (if ur insulting my mad skillz)!!! Hey have we played in the same game? I see u in my clan members list and I think I joined (or tried to join) the game that ur playing, but can't remember.