By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA 5 To Be PS3 Bound? By Megaman2

tombi123 said:
Multi disc is not the answer to a sandbox game. It really would restrict the freedom of the game.

Just compress the game onto one disc.

great analysis and quote of the day!

Around the Network

How the hell could you do a multidisc release of an open-world game?

I don't think there is even a question on whether this will be multiplatform game, with over 60% of the sales of GTA4 being on the 360, Rockstar would have to be completly retarded not to make it multiplatform. Lets also not forgot that every other GTA eventually made it over to the original xbox, so they were only timed exclusives anyway. It will be same day multiplatform, which is pretty obvious to anybody with any sense of how the world actually works.

SamuelRSmith said:
How the hell could you do a multidisc release of an open-world game?

Just the same as you do any other multi disc game. Aren't rpg open world games? Where you can repeatedly visit the same locations again and again? It's just the same, minus the pre-rendered cut scenes. In the worst case scenario one disc will have only half of the missions or whatever else there is.

I mean, even in GTA you have some locations that are out of bounds for a while and then later on are opened.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

GTA 5 may be a next generation game, we may only see GTA 4 xxx City in this generation.

Tease.

Around the Network

Since were in a recession, Rockstar will not make GTA 5 PS3 exclusive.

Squilliam said:
GTA 5 may be a next generation game, we may only see GTA 4 xxx City in this generation.

Probably true.

ha i love the smart theories. Its recession time and the game sold a lot better on the 360 and gaming companies seem to be having a lot of trouble these days financially.

So lets put it on the PS3 exclusively because it could all fit on one disc.

GTA5 wont come out this gen i would be happy to C it only on PS4 though

i think the next GTA the one there making after 4 well be on both ps360

i would also be happy to C this next gta4 only on the ps3 but i don't think that well happen remember gta vice city wasnt a big world

the one after that meaning the 3rd part of gta4 might have a chance to be only on the ps3 as gta SA was a huge game so i can see a squeal to that needing a lot of room

Play Me

That would no doubt be grand for sony but they would have to pay some serious $$$ to Rockstar I'm afraid. Anyway multiplatform it's fine for me, we as consumers should be happy for games to go multiplatform.