By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does Blue Dragon come out today?

yes, i love blue dragon.... sooo gooodddddd..... it made me stop playing persona 3... which is my rpg game of the year.

Around the Network

Metacritic has it listed as 80 right now. Here are some of the highs and lows:

GamePro: 9.5
Game Informer: 9.0
IGN: 7.9
1UP: 6.5
Edge: 6.0
EuroGamer: 5.0

Those are some of the most mixed reviews I have ever seen. There are a lot in the middle though, so the average is still pretty good. Looks like something that some may love and others may hate. I personally think Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata look better, but this game looks pretty fun. I can't say I like the use of the DBZ/Chrono Trigger art director though.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Lost tears of Kain said:
while the demo they gave was crap (i mean the demo itself) the gameplay seemed promising, and i def think you get your moneys worth 3 discs and alot of playing time O.o

Or 1 Blu-ray disc :P j/ks I'll miss Hironobu Sakaguchi ways of story telling :( I wish he was still with Square. Oh well, looks like a good game. I would like to see how lost odessy goes, but I won't be buying a 360 for one game unless FF goes that way.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
while the demo they gave was crap (i mean the demo itself) the gameplay seemed promising, and i def think you get your moneys worth 3 discs and alot of playing time O.o

Or 1 Blu-ray disc :P j/ks I'll miss Hironobu Sakaguchi ways of story telling :( I wish he was still with Square. Oh well, looks like a good game. I would like to see how lost odessy goes, but I won't be buying a 360 for one game unless FF goes that way.

Yea ff will eventually make me get a ps3 if it stays exclusive so year or two maybe, or maybe this christmas (what i had planned till lair and HS got hit hard... =(       ) Lost odyssey is looking very promising, game informer just put it on 26 for most antcipated games of e3 above games such as HS and warhawk! and other games  of high rep like fable 2!, and we barely know anything about it (they said they put it so high well cause of sakaguchi =D) And it is looking amazing so maybe it will be a semi FF on 360.

Also guys you have to remember blue dragon and lost odyssey is being made by two different developers. BD by Artoon (same peeps who made vampire rain /sigh) and feel plus for lost odyssey. BOth are being supervised by the small 10 man mistwalker. I believe Lost odyssey will be better because

1. Feel plus has over 100 employees, and they already said they are not working on another game till  after lost odyssey, so its looking like a big game with alot of effort put into it. It was made just by microsoft just to help mistwalker create this game!

2. Feel plus supposedly has 20+ for SE employee's so this could easily help rpg style.

3. Sakaguchi himself made the statement that Lost odyssey is where hes putting most of his work into

4. Artoon made Blue dragon, they do not have a good rep because of vampire rain, also they had multiple games in the make when blue dragon was made, so less effort.

5. The people at feel plus are raving that its a fantastic game

In all it looks to be fantastic, an epic jrpg. Hopefully it doesnt turn out bad, and turns into what is expected of it.

Also at finalsquall,

danmit i can change discs who needs that danm blue ray!

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

*Also at finalsquall,

danmit i can change discs who needs that danm blue ray!*

Well, that was so 1990's.. man Who needs disc changing... meh! Once you tried Blu-ray you see where myself and other ps3 owners are coming from :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network
finalsquall said:
*Also at finalsquall,

Well, that was so 1990's.. man Who needs disc changing... meh! Once you tried Blu-ray you see where myself and other ps3 owners are coming from :D

disc changing really is not that big of a deal, unless your so fat you cant move from your chair (yes im looking at you fat albert). Blue ray is something in the future there is no doubt about that, but do we really need it right now? really the only thing it really adds to gaming is more space, thats it

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

finalsquall said:
*Also at finalsquall,

As far as im aware Blue Dragon is the first 360 game to actually require any disc changing....

Also, i dont think the PS3 actually has any long JRPG's at the moment, so what exactly are you referring to with the above statment?

On a side note, if Motorstorm was 22gigabytes, and HS is 6 hours long and still required 10gigaytes for its audio, its clear that Sony's compression abilities are so terrible that the PS3 will have multidisk games soon enough...lol

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

THe reviews are truly mixed for this game gamespot gave it a 6.0 and gametrailers game it a 7.5 just now. Im guessing its a good rpg but for thoes who have played alot of RPG's won't see anything special about this game, in other words a last gen RPG in next gen clothing.

I think trusty bell/ Eternal sonata will be better judgeing from the demo's of both. 

grimygunz said:

THe reviews are truly mixed for this game gamespot gave it a 6.0 and gametrailers game it a 7.5 just now. Im guessing its a good rpg but for thoes who have played alot of RPG's won't see anything special about this game, in other words a last gen RPG in next gen clothing.

I think trusty bell/ Eternal sonata will be better judgeing from the demo's of both. 

Game informer gave it a 9 and eternal a 8.25, so it really depends. Eternal to me is alot funner, but supposedly its also half as long, which really hurts in terms of rpg

The demo for blue dragon sucked period /sigh