By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Isn't Sure About The PS3's LifeSpan - 8 to 10 years

Jordahn said:
seece said:
If anyone thinks the PS3 can last for ten years due to it being "future proof" just shut up now you look like a fool.

I believe the PS3 can make 10 years, as can the 360 and Wii, only because this generation IMO is going to last much much longer than others have.

The PS2 is alive due to its massive userbase. That is it.

But with that PS2 massive userbase comes a variety of quality software and an eventuality of consumer friendly pricing due to mass adoption.  So the reality is far greater and pleasing than you'd care to express.  Stop being such a PlayStation hater.  There is no excuse.

:)

How is anything I said to do with being a "Playstation hater" stop putting up a pathetic excuse for anything that doesn't paint a rosey picture for Sony.

Around the Network
seece said:
Jordahn said:
seece said:
If anyone thinks the PS3 can last for ten years due to it being "future proof" just shut up now you look like a fool.

I believe the PS3 can make 10 years, as can the 360 and Wii, only because this generation IMO is going to last much much longer than others have.

But with that PS2 massive userbase comes a variety of quality software and an eventuality of consumer friendly pricing due to mass adoption.  So the reality is far greater and pleasing than you'd care to express.  Stop being such a PlayStation hater.  There is no excuse.

How is anything I said to do with being a "Playstation hater" stop putting up a pathetic excuse for anything that doesn't paint a rosey picture for Sony.

Wow... that's strange because you don't always get a rosey picture of SONY from me.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
seece said:
Jordahn said:
seece said:

Wow... that's strange because you don't always get a rosey picture of SONY from me.

You mean you talk negative about Sony? stop being a playstation hater, there is NO excuse!

seece said:
Jordahn said:
seece said:
Jordahn said:
seece said:

You mean you talk negative about Sony? stop being a playstation hater, there is NO excuse!

But... but... but... you just said... "stop putting up a pathetic excuse for anything that doesn't paint a rosey picture for Sony."

OH, NOEZZZZZZZZZZZ...  What do I do?????????

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

seece said:
Jordahn said:
seece said:
Jordahn said:
seece said:

+1

Sony haters are ruining this thread....

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Fact: Sony never defined "lifespan"

They will alter the definition as it suits them, meaning PS3 will make a "10 year lifecycle" even if it's not on shelves past 2012.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Gamerace said:
Sony COULD continue to support the PS3 long after the PS4 comes out but they won't.

It's simply really. The PS2 was so successful and still sells today because it has wide appeal amongst casual gamers - who are often the last to purchase a system. PS3 is a core system in every respect. As soon as the next gen launches the PS3 audience will very quickly abandon it for the newer model and the PS3's sales will drop like a rock because casuals gamers have no interest in it.

What's so core about the PS3 I wonder? and I mean SO CORE in 4 years it won't appeal to nobody? PRICE? Look, in 4 years and most likely even less Sony will have re-designed the PS3 to a much smaller console (just like they do with everything PlayStation) and the price tag will be one compared to PS2's today. I can't find any sense in your assumptions.

10 year plan was always just a pipedream anyway...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

It's the classic case of 'time will tell'. You really can't put a number on these things.

Good to see this site is still going 

smallflyingtaco said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

I think at $149 a lot more than power users will care about those features.

BR players are approaching that price now, by that point it will just be an expensive BR player.

You're right, that's all the PS3 does is play Blu-Ray movies.

All the other features say 'hi'.